Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone follow the miss-steps of North Korea?  (Read 10117 times)

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Anyone follow the miss-steps of North Korea?
« on: June 09, 2010, 01:00:16 pm »

These rubes are all but threatening the UN if they dare discuss the sinking of a S Korea war ship.

Link

I guess they are testing how much uh, "influence" having some nukes gives them. As if the UN will ascent to their demands!

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 02:09:01 pm »

Quote from: Justan
These rubes are all but threatening the UN if they dare discuss the sinking of a S Korea war ship.

Link

I guess they are testing how much uh, "influence" having some nukes gives them. As if the UN will ascent to their demands!

Ummm.....
I like photography. I like beautiful landscape photographs.
You may want to post this at a more politically oriented site.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 04:54:47 pm »

Ummmmmm..............

Sorry if the topic is beneath your reading standards.

lightstand

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 10:43:48 pm »

a little off topic:  Went to a talk last year and I think it was Edward Burtynsky's talk and one of the topics was how DMZ had become this great natural perserve

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 08:08:10 pm »

Quote from: lightstand
how DMZ had become this great natural perserve
you want a preserve ? nuke it - like 30-km zone around Chernobyl

francois

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:54:15 am »

Quote from: deja
you want a preserve ? nuke it - like 30-km zone around Chernobyl
I watched a tv show last week on Chernobyl and was surprised to learn that wildlife (and vegetation) is doing very well…
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 03:24:39 am »

Quote from: francois
I watched a tv show last week on Chernobyl and was surprised to learn that wildlife (and vegetation) is doing very well…
Read "Wolves eat Dogs" by Martin Cruz Smith (author of Gorky Park). It's a novel, not a textbook, but it's interesting and in large part set in the exclusion zone around Chernobyl.

Jeremy

Rob C

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:25:24 am »

Yes, I believe with three-legged lizards, blue roses and wild dogs that meow... a brave new world, then.

Rob C

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:50:24 am »

Undoubtedly, we are the worse threat to wildlife in this planet; I guess the fact that people left the zone out-weighted the effects of radiation.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 10:56:36 am »

Link

The regime is completely loony, but one can only pity the population. Such misery!

stamper

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 11:41:54 am »

If the financial crisis in the western world gets any worse then the North Korean regime may appear to be an advanced one that millions will wish for?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 05:39:39 pm »

Quote from: stamper
If the financial crisis in the western world gets any worse then the North Korean regime may appear to be an advanced one that millions will wish for?

Stamper, I was there, flying fighter-bombers, during the war. I saw a lot of the south and some of the north. This is what part of Taegu -- in the south -- looked like in those days. From what I've read, the north is in even worse shape than this. The western world is going to have to collapse a long, long way before we look out of our caves and envy the North Koreans.

[attachment=22552:river_dwellings_1.jpg]
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 06:59:01 pm »

Quote from: stamper

Not in a million years. I suspect that you don't have a clue as to what's going on there.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 08:15:15 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/201...ref=videosearch

there are a ton more on vbs...

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom

I presumed this topic was about the extra striker North Korea tried to sneak into the world cup as a goalie.

stamper

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 04:00:59 am »

According to my daily newspaper the public sector in Japan is on the verge of collapse. If it does so it will reverberate around the world? The last time the economy collapsed in Japan the rest of the world was doing "fine", thus there wasn't much effect. Now all the major countries with the exception of China and maybe Brazil are in dire straights. Don't believe all the propaganda that is spouted against N Korea. RSL bombing the place wouldn't have helped it's infrastructure or economy? The thirty thousand American troops camped on it's border won't help the situation much either?

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 07:35:51 am »

Stamper, without the thirty thousand American troops camped on its border there wouldn't be a North Korea. There'd just be a Korea -- with Kim as its dictator. That would have an even more dolorous effect on the world economy than what's happening now.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 09:32:34 am »

Well, I tried all the news channels that are available to me on the SKY satellite this morning (the free ones, of course, you think I'd pay for that shit?) and every hot darn one was full of bloody football!

Surely to God, SKY and the rest have so many pay-for sports special ones; why pollute the free ones too?

Rob C

fredjeang

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 10:58:43 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Well, I tried all the news channels that are available to me on the SKY satellite this morning (the free ones, of course, you think I'd pay for that shit?) and every hot darn one was full of bloody football!

Surely to God, SKY and the rest have so many pay-for sports special ones; why pollute the free ones too?

Rob C
I'm sick of football too. I like rugby anyway. (France always beat Scotland  )

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 11:50:20 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/201...ref=videosearch

there are a ton more on vbs...

http://www.vbs.tv/newsroom

Thanks for the links. I had the time to look through one. It illustrates why so many are mystified by motivations of the politics of N Korea. They are so openly bellicose and arrogant. This latest statement is all but backing themselves into a corner over what appears another hostile act.

Meanwhile, most reports indicate that the nation is starving itself and seems willing to go to nearly any extent to continue this trend.

The largely self-created problems of NK gives one great pause

stamper

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:25 pm »

Thanks for the links. I had the time to look through one. It illustrates why so many are mystified by motivations of the politics of N Korea. They are so openly bellicose and arrogant. This latest statement is all but backing themselves into a corner over what appears another hostile act.

Meanwhile, most reports indicate that the nation is starving itself and seems willing to go to nearly any extent to continue this trend.

The largely self-created problems of NK gives one great pause

Hopefully for the N Koreans things won't get as bad as the scenes from the American heartlands during the depression of the thirties.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up