Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 3 Discount :)  (Read 6285 times)

semillerimages

• http://www.semillerimages.com
Lightroom 3 Discount :)
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:34:56 pm »

Hi All,

Just like to point out that if you upgrade to CS5 and Lightroom3 at the same time you get the $30.00 discount on the Lightroom purchase. The website sort of makes it look like you have to buy the full version of CS5 to get the $30 off, but this was not the case for me

Cheers!

*steve
semillerimages.com

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 06:55:53 pm »

Quote from: semillerimages
Hi All,

Just like to point out that if you upgrade to CS5 and Lightroom3 at the same time you get the $30.00 discount on the Lightroom purchase. The website sort of makes it look like you have to buy the full version of CS5 to get the $30 off, but this was not the case for me

Cheers!

*steve

Thanks for the information.

I just down loaded the trail version of LR3 early this morning.
Just wanted to make sure all worked correctly and it did.
Do want to upgrade from Photoshop CS3 to CS5 along with purchasing LR3.
Just went to the Adobe site: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/family/prosolutions/ and they are offering LR3 for 30% off if you purchase Photoshop CS5 at the same time the total would be US $268.30.
It did state this is for a limited time.

Mark_Tuttle

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:13:51 pm »

Yes, we poor sods who upgraded to CC5 at the end of May don't get the discount.  NAPP membership offers 15%
Mark Tuttle
MarkTuttle dot Net

AndrewKulin

• http://www.andrewkulin.com
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:48 pm »

I went to Adobe site, placed into shopping cart an Upgrade for CS5 ($199) and full purchase of Lightroom 3 and it took 30% off the $299 to $209.30.

So appears unclear what these numbers are that being quoted above ($268.30 and $30 off).

[size=12p

semillerimages

• http://www.semillerimages.com
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:34:14 am »

Andrew,

The numbers represent the upgrade prices for both, not full price for Lightroom.

$199/upgrade CS5
$99/upgrade Lightroom3

30% off LR3 ~ $30

Cheers,

*steve

Quote from: AndrewKulin
I went to Adobe site, placed into shopping cart an Upgrade for CS5 ($199) and full purchase of Lightroom 3 and it took 30% off the $299 to $209.30.

So appears unclear what these numbers are that being quoted above ($268.30 and $30 off).
semillerimages.com

wtlloyd

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 11:30:26 am »

With NAPP membership ( I just renewed, google for a $10 Wacom discount code) you get 15% off CS5.

I waited and renewed both together, my final price was $238 and change.....

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:09:38 am »

PPA members are also eligible for a 15% discount on Adobe products.
It knocks $45 off the price.

marcgoldring

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 10:54:29 am »

Quote from: semillerimages
Hi All,

Cheers!

*steve

There's several different ways to read these posts and I'm confused. I want to upgrade to LR3 and might as well upgrade PSCS2 to 5. NAPP says the discount is only for PSCS5. Does anyone know if I can also claim the 30% discount from Adobe for buying both??

Thanks,

Marc
Marc Goldring
visit my site Marcoclicks

John McDermott

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 12:24:24 pm »

I purchased the upgrade from CS3 to CS5 when it was first available a few weeksa ago. I called Adobe to inquire whtehr that purchase made me eligible for the 30% discount to now purchase the LR3 upgrade and they said yes, charging me $81.09 including tax and shipping .
John E. McDermott

wtlloyd

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 02:03:13 pm »

Quote from: marcgoldring
There's several different ways to read these posts and I'm confused. I want to upgrade to LR3 and might as well upgrade PSCS2 to 5. NAPP says the discount is only for PSCS5. Does anyone know if I can also claim the 30% discount from Adobe for buying both??

Thanks,

Marc

NAPP membership gives you 15% off on CS5, or any other Adobe product, both purchase and renewal.
Buy new or renew Lightroom along with CS5, and Adobe gives you 30% off on Lightoom.

So, purchased or renewed together, that's 15% off CS5 and 30% off Lightroom.

See my previous post in this thread.

BobFisher

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »

I bought my CS5 upgrade about 3 days before the LR3 upgrade.  One of these days I'm going to remember about my NAPP discounts too.  Bloody hell.

wtlloyd

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 01:17:45 am »

Quote from: BobFisher
I bought my CS5 upgrade about 3 days before the LR3 upgrade.  One of these days I'm going to remember about my NAPP discounts too.  Bloody hell.

Ha! I'm fine with wasting money deliberately, I do it all the time. What burns me is when I do it accidently, like not sending in rebates that justified the purchase in the first place....

marcgoldring

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:51 pm »

Quote from: wtlloyd
NAPP membership gives you 15% off on CS5, or any other Adobe product, both purchase and renewal.
Buy new or renew Lightroom along with CS5, and Adobe gives you 30% off on Lightoom.

So, purchased or renewed together, that's 15% off CS5 and 30% off Lightroom.

See my previous post in this thread.

Oops, sorry, I missed that. I guess I was greedy and expecting to double count the discount. It comes down to how valuable the NAPP membership is likely to be for a user who is aiming to go into PS as little as possible - if anyone wants to weigh in on that, I'd love to hear!

Thanks,

Marc
Marc Goldring
visit my site Marcoclicks
Pages: [1]   Go Up