Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ND filter for Hasselblad 28mm lens  (Read 5745 times)

shaun

ND filter for Hasselblad 28mm lens
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:04:22 am »

Hi

I'm looking for a ND filter for a Hasselblad 28mm lens, thread size of 95mm. Considering a heliopan 5 stop with a 105 step down ring. Any advice on problems with vignetting or other systems would be appeciated.

Shaun

Jeff-Grant

• http://www.jeff-grant.com
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:24:16 am »

Quote from: shaun
Hi

I'm looking for a ND filter for a Hasselblad 28mm lens, thread size of 95mm. Considering a heliopan 5 stop with a 105 step down ring. Any advice on problems with vignetting or other systems would be appeciated.

Shaun

If you are using Lee filters, they make a 1, 2,3 and 10 stop. You don't get a lot of choices before vignetting starts with the Lee systems on a 28.
Cheers,
 Jeff  www.jeff-grant.com

shaun

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:36:42 am »

Quote from: Jeff-Grant
If you are using Lee filters, they make a 1, 2,3 and 10 stop. You don't get a lot of choices before vignetting starts with the Lee systems on a 28.

I do have a Lee holder but would need a stepper ring to bring them up to 95mm. Can't see how to avoid cut off with this option though.

Shaun

Richard Morwood

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »

Quote from: shaun
I do have a Lee holder but would need a stepper ring to bring them up to 95mm. Can't see how to avoid cut off with this option though.

Shaun

Hi Shaun
I use the Lee filter setup on the 28 and 50-110 lenses, and the others but they are mainly smaller diameters. Although I get the desired results, on the 28 and the wide end of the zoom I do get vignetting even when only one filter is in place. I have found that using just the filter against the front of the lens and no attachment/slots. but hand holding the filter or using blutac, I don't get the vignetting but of course it is more difficult to make minor adjustments.
It works well with a bit of practice and is now my preferred means of using these filters on a large diameter lens, the 300 HC as well. I hate the undesirable vignetting ruining a picture.
Regards
Richard

shaun

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 03:02:49 pm »

Quote from: Richard Morwood
Hi Shaun
I use the Lee filter setup on the 28 and 50-110 lenses, and the others but they are mainly smaller diameters. Although I get the desired results, on the 28 and the wide end of the zoom I do get vignetting even when only one filter is in place. I have found that using just the filter against the front of the lens and no attachment/slots. but hand holding the filter or using blutac, I don't get the vignetting but of course it is more difficult to make minor adjustments.
It works well with a bit of practice and is now my preferred means of using these filters on a large diameter lens, the 300 HC as well. I hate the undesirable vignetting ruining a picture.
Regards
Richard

Hi Richard

That sounds good to me, thanks for the feedback.

Shaun

DanielStone

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »

what about using a step-up 95mm ring to this?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMX5p9Iwx3Y

LEE 14-24mm filter holder. the filters are 150mm wide(6") instead of 100mm

-Dan

DenisWH

• http://www.hockingphotographic.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:56:10 am »

Hi
I struggled to find a solution to the problem with my 28mm.
Talked to Lee, hasselblad and a whole bunch of people in the UK. The final solution, which works very well and eliminates any vignetting, is to buy a Cokin 95mm adaptor ring and X-Pro filter holder and then buy the Lee X-Pro sized filters; the ND filters are 130 x130mm and the ND grads are 130 x 170mm. Both are priced at £63 in the UK from Robert White.
Hope this helps.
Denis
www.hockingphotgraphic.co.uk

JonathanBenoit

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:21:33 pm »

B+W has an 95mm Extra Wide. This is one way to go.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1201...y.html#features

I guess its only 2 stops though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:23:01 pm by JonathanBenoit »

Toto

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:17:18 pm »

I use this and it works great :

http://www.cokin.fr/ico15-A.html

David Watson

• David Watson
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 04:02:37 am »

Hi

Lee Filters do a push fit filter holder which works well with the 28mm lens.  It takes one filter and there is no vignetting.  I used to have the Cokin system but found it too bulky and in any case I prefer the Lee system.  The push holder locks on to the outer rim of the lens and fits well and reasonably securely.

Best wishes

David
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:03:02 am by David Watson »
David Watson ARPS
Pages: [1]   Go Up