Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge CS5 4.0.2 - Export panel and Output Sharpening  (Read 4729 times)

ravel03

Bridge CS5 4.0.2 - Export panel and Output Sharpening
« on: June 07, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »

With the newest update of Bridge CS5, we now have the ability to use and leverage the Export panel. This new panel offers goodies such as Flick export, Save to Disk export, etc.
In other words, another way to export RAW files into a form factor that can be used externally.

Today, we can export our RAW files in three different ways:
1) Bridge and Image Processor (which leverages Photoshop),
2) ACR via workflow options and the save button
3) and now, the Export panel

While all methods work fine, the only option I can really use at the moment is option (1) since it allows me to run Output Sharpening via Photoshop actions. Option (2) is almost there, but suffers from some limitations. As for option (3), alas, it doesn't seem to have any Output Sharpening capabilities at the moment.

It'd be interesting to find out from the experts if the Export panel will eventually be the preferred way to perform simple 'batch' operations for exporting RAW files, and if there are plans to add Output Sharpening.

Thanks,

ravel03

Re: Bridge CS5 4.0.2 - Export panel and Output Sharpening
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:40:48 pm »

Second attempt. I'm wondering where it would make more sense for Output Sharpening improvements: ACR via Workflow Options or Bridge via the new Export panels. The export panel route seems more in line with the Lightroom approach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up