Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange color behavior with leaf Aptus 17 / C1 5.1  (Read 1221 times)

wells

strange color behavior with leaf Aptus 17 / C1 5.1
« on: June 03, 2010, 06:07:17 pm »

Hi all,

I haven't posted here much, but I have used the forum for many valuable bits of info over the years, thanks...

I use a leaf aptus 17 on RZ and Arca, and until recently was having pretty good results with bridge/acr/photoshop, using various leaf capture versions to tether. I did notice that my green / magenta slider would usually get me neutral at about m+30 setting... just thought that was a quirk of MF shooting, I've seen similar things digi-teching with various backs... I created a custom ACR profile for my back with the ACR Calibrator scripts and a gretag target (wish I could find the author's name in the PDF, to give credit...) and the settings create a nice starting point as far as color reproduction, but are really not very different from the default...

Now that C1 5.1.1 supports .mos files, I have it, and have noticed something strange...the color temp slider when going from "color-picker neutral" to warm, introduces a strong green cast, and the further I travel up the "warm" scale, the more magenta I must give the image to keep it in line...

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Edit...Uh oh, seems to happen in LC11 too, but to a lesser extent...never noticed because I've been using ACR for all serious adjusting... in all cases, color picker neutral gives me tint numbers in the 30 - 50 range in LC11. it's almost behaving like there's a green filter over the sensor or something.

thanks, wells

ced

strange color behavior with leaf Aptus 17 / C1 5.1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:28:28 am »

Quote from: wells
Hi all,

I haven't posted here much, but I have used the forum for many valuable bits of info over the years, thanks...

I use a leaf aptus 17 on RZ and Arca, and until recently was having pretty good results with bridge/acr/photoshop, using various leaf capture versions to tether. I did notice that my green / magenta slider would usually get me neutral at about m+30 setting... just thought that was a quirk of MF shooting, I've seen similar things digi-teching with various backs... I created a custom ACR profile for my back with the ACR Calibrator scripts and a gretag target (wish I could find the author's name in the PDF, to give credit...) and the settings create a nice starting point as far as color reproduction, but are really not very different from the default...

Now that C1 5.1.1 supports .mos files, I have it, and have noticed something strange...the color temp slider when going from "color-picker neutral" to warm, introduces a strong green cast, and the further I travel up the "warm" scale, the more magenta I must give the image to keep it in line...

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Edit...Uh oh, seems to happen in LC11 too, but to a lesser extent...never noticed because I've been using ACR for all serious adjusting... in all cases, color picker neutral gives me tint numbers in the 30 - 50 range in LC11. it's almost behaving like there's a green filter over the sensor or something.

thanks, wells
I would be happy to look at one of the raw files for you if you send it to me zipped via "Yousendit" or some other hosting mail service.
my email: cedmus@gmail.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up