Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cleaning a Spectroscan table  (Read 1480 times)

shewhorn

• http://
Cleaning a Spectroscan table
« on: June 02, 2010, 04:10:07 pm »

Okay, so the electrostatic paper holder on my new-to-me Spectroscan is pretty slick BUT... unfortunately along with holding down the paper it holds down just about everything else and it's a bit dirty. It needs a good cleaning beyond what a damp rag can do. Anyone have any recommendations for something that wouldn't harm the table's surface?

Cheers, Joe

Ethan_Hansen

• Dry Creek Photo
Cleaning a Spectroscan table
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 02:17:36 am »

Does your Spectroscan have a white table? "Isopropyl alcohol on clean cloth" is what the manual recommends. It works reasonably well. The white backer attracts enough gunk that you will find some permanent discoloration over the electrostatic lines. Given the cost of replacement, I am not brave enough to scrub like hell on the table.

One thing to keep in mind with your new toy is that X-Rite's support clock is ticking. They committed to having parts and service through December of 2013. If you find yourself wanting to keep the beast long-term, you should have the Lino's lamp replaced and recalibrated at some point before it is too late. Last month's price was $600; the process takes a couple of months with shipping to and from Switzerland. I would not worry about the SpectroScan table itself. The occasional one shows up on eBay without the Spectrolino for dirt cheap. We have a couple that are slowly being cannibalized for parts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up