Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question and a couple of comments about CS5 Lens Profiles  (Read 957 times)

julianv

The lens autocorrection function in ACR and Photoshop CS5 is one of the main reasons I upgraded from CS4.  Great feature.

Am I right in assuming that if I apply a lens profile to a raw file in ACR, then I should NOT use a profile in Lens Correction when the raw file is subsequently opened in Photoshop?  Seems like that would be applying the correction twice.

In Photoshop's Lens Correction dialog the Lens Profiles pane displays a list of available profiles.  I find the text strings in this list are mostly unreadable.  At least for Nikon lenses, which have really long names, the strings are severely truncated.  Many Mac apps deal with such situations by displaying a tooltip that appears when the mouse cursor hovers over a list item, to show the complete string.

I am surprised that Adobe provided no profile for the Nikon AF-S DX Zoom 17-55mm f/2.8.  This is one of the most popular PJ lenses in the Nikon line.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:31:44 am by julianv »
Pages: [1]   Go Up