Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Premier Art Print Shield Spray is it sticky?  (Read 2436 times)

natas

Premier Art Print Shield Spray is it sticky?
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:38:58 am »

I am looking for a spray that I can put on my prints before they go into a Flushmount album. What I need is something that is not sticky (once it has dried). Does the Premier Art Print Shield Spray fit this requirement?

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:19:04 pm »

PAPS has been acquired by Hahnemuhle and is now sold as Hahnemuhle Protective Spray. It seems to be the same stuff.
It dries almost instantly and is not sticky.It is usually invisible and has little effect on appearance of print surface with the exception of large areas of absolute black where some discontinuities in surface reflectance may be observed from an acute angle when back lit. Be careful not to breathe the spray in. Use it outside or in a spray-booth. Either hold your breath or use an appropriate mask.I believe it is best to let prints dry for a couple of days before spraying,preferably under absorbent barrier paper.
Good luck
Brian
Pharos Editions

natas

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:23:31 am »

Quote from: Brian Gilkes
PAPS has been acquired by Hahnemuhle and is now sold as Hahnemuhle Protective Spray. It seems to be the same stuff.
It dries almost instantly and is not sticky.It is usually invisible and has little effect on appearance of print surface with the exception of large areas of absolute black where some discontinuities in surface reflectance may be observed from an acute angle when back lit. Be careful not to breathe the spray in. Use it outside or in a spray-booth. Either hold your breath or use an appropriate mask.I believe it is best to let prints dry for a couple of days before spraying,preferably under absorbent barrier paper.
Good luck
Brian
Pharos Editions

Thanks brian.

BobFisher

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 03:31:01 pm »

Brian, PrintShield has been acquired by Hahnemuhule?  I know Hahnemuhle has a spray coating but thought it was just a rebadging of the Premier Imaging product.  Similarly the Moab Desert Varnish.  They all seem to be the same product.  I just bought a can of the Premier PrintShield not that long ago.

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 01:35:43 am »

Bob,
You are probably right. I may well have been misinformed. A  sales rep...
Interesting thing is that price has halved here in Au after it went up 50% as PAPS about a  year ago
Cheers,
Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up