Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4880 matte profile  (Read 1449 times)

Bill Jaynes

4880 matte profile
« on: May 31, 2010, 07:18:10 pm »

I have moved from a 4800 to a 4880 printer. I print on Moab Entrada matte and was getting the prints I wanted on the 4800 with Epson's Pro 4800 EMP_MK profile. Does anyone have any suggestions for a matte profile for the 4880? It already seems really different and the two Epson profiles [4800 and 4880 EMP_MK] aren't looking too good.
Thanks,
Bill
Best regards,
Bill Jaynes [url=http://ww

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
4880 matte profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »

Quote from: Bill Jaynes
I have moved from a 4800 to a 4880 printer. I print on Moab Entrada matte and was getting the prints I wanted on the 4800 with Epson's Pro 4800 EMP_MK profile. Does anyone have any suggestions for a matte profile for the 4880? It already seems really different and the two Epson profiles [4800 and 4880 EMP_MK] aren't looking too good.
Thanks,
Bill
If Moab does not supply profiles for their papers, you will either need to have one made for you or make one yourself (if you have a ColorMunki or other profile device).  I would not rely on any profile that is not done by the manufacturer.  Profiles are paper and printer dependent and you were just lucky that the Epson profile gave you decent results. (Edit added:  It's not clear from your post whether you used Moab profiles or not; I just checked on their website and they have a profile for this printer here.

Alan
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:27:50 pm by Alan Goldhammer »

Bill Jaynes

4880 matte profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:34:57 pm »

Thanks Alan,
I'll have a look at Moab's profiles. Appreciate the help.
Bill

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
If Moab does not supply profiles for their papers, you will either need to have one made for you or make one yourself (if you have a ColorMunki or other profile device).  I would not rely on any profile that is not done by the manufacturer.  Profiles are paper and printer dependent and you were just lucky that the Epson profile gave you decent results. (Edit added:  It's not clear from your post whether you used Moab profiles or not; I just checked on their website and they have a profile for this printer here.

Alan
Best regards,
Bill Jaynes [url=http://ww
Pages: [1]   Go Up