Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help required from HP B9180 or B8850 users.  (Read 3173 times)

AnthonyHope

Help required from HP B9180 or B8850 users.
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:25:54 am »

Hi,
  I've got a problem using the special media tray on my HP B8850 printer with custom profiles. When using HP profiles I get a message saying 'the printer door is closed, open it and press continue' even though the door is open and the paper is loaded in to the special media tray, so I click continue and the print continues and all is fine. When I try a print using the special media tray with a non HP profile I get the following 'printer door is open, close door and click continue', my only option at this point is to cancle the print, as the door is open and loaded with a sheet of paper.

This happens with all custom profiles, Harman, Innova, hahnemuhle, Ilford, the list goes on.

Anybody been able to use a custom ICC profile and the special media tray with either of these printers? and if so how?

Thanks in advance..

Anthony

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 11:42:52 am »

Yeah.  Just make sure as you're screwing around with the printer settings that it didn't reset the paper source back to tray.

I've finally had it with this printer, btw.  An Epson 3880 or Canon 9500 mk II is in my future.

AnthonyHope

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 04:19:02 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Yeah.  Just make sure as you're screwing around with the printer settings that it didn't reset the paper source back to tray.

I've finally had it with this printer, btw.  An Epson 3880 or Canon 9500 mk II is in my future.

Yes, I always have to change to the special media tray in the print driver, as it always sets it back to the main tray.

So have you managed to use the special media tray with a custom profile?

Cheers

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 05:55:00 pm »

Quote from: AnthonyHope
Yes, I always have to change to the special media tray in the print driver, as it always sets it back to the main tray.

So have you managed to use the special media tray with a custom profile?

Cheers

Yeah.

Damir

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 05:53:56 am »

No problm at all, I use all the papers from Hahnemuhlle with custom profiles from their site and specialty media tray.

I have one system dedicated to printing - Windows XP 32 bit, Photoshop CS3 and use it all the time - moving from this two yeras old computer to any new combination like CS4 which I have on my work, or to new 64 bit system (which I have on my laptop) and I am not able to got any good results.

AnthonyHope

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 05:20:26 am »

Quote from: Damir
No problm at all, I use all the papers from Hahnemuhlle with custom profiles from their site and specialty media tray.

I have one system dedicated to printing - Windows XP 32 bit, Photoshop CS3 and use it all the time - moving from this two yeras old computer to any new combination like CS4 which I have on my work, or to new 64 bit system (which I have on my laptop) and I am not able to got any good results.

Ok, I'm using CS3 on Windows Vista, so it could be Vista that's causing the problem. Its good to hear that not all users have this issue, so I should be able to get it to work.

Cheers

Anthony

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 09:38:23 am »

Quote from: AnthonyHope
Ok, I'm using CS3 on Windows Vista, so it could be Vista that's causing the problem. Its good to hear that not all users have this issue, so I should be able to get it to work.

Cheers

Anthony

Running Vista. I've printed from CS3 just fine.  (And CS4, CS5, LR1, LR2 and LR3.)

AnthonyHope

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 04:52:00 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Running Vista. I've printed from CS3 just fine.  (And CS4, CS5, LR1, LR2 and LR3.)

Ah right. I'll try a fresh install of the print drivers.

Cheers

Anthony

AnthonyHope

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2010, 03:13:00 pm »

Finally figured it out. The problem is with the 'printing shortcuts' tab on the print driver page, the settings don't stay via this tab, its basically a waste of time. You have to use the 'advanced', 'features' and 'color' tabs.

Thanks for the help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up