Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS5 Printing  (Read 3760 times)

BobFisher

CS5 Printing
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:40:01 am »

Anybody experiencing odd printing problems with CS5?  Since downloading and using it, I'm getting some really strange results.  Selecting the image to be centred on the page doesn't centre the image on the page.  I have to manuallu input borders to get it centred.  Today I sent an image to print and it printed the bottom third of the image on the page.  This after having printed it about 10 minutes prior then making a few adjustments because I wasn't happy with the proof and it printed fine the first time (as did the other prints I had made already this morning).

Nothing has changed in my print workflow from CS3 to CS5.  

Thanks.

na goodman

CS5 Printing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 12:09:08 pm »

I'm using CS5 with on a Mac with 10.6.3 and have had no issues with printing. In fact the new print module is so much better on the Mac side than before.

MirekElsner

• Mirek's web site
CS5 Printing
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 06:26:44 pm »

Quote from: BobFisher
Anybody experiencing odd printing problems with CS5?  Since downloading and using it, I'm getting some really strange results.  Selecting the image to be centred on the page doesn't centre the image on the page.  I have to manuallu input borders to get it centred.  Today I sent an image to print and it printed the bottom third of the image on the page.  This after having printed it about 10 minutes prior then making a few adjustments because I wasn't happy with the proof and it printed fine the first time (as did the other prints I had made already this morning).

Thanks.

I installed evaluation version of CS5 and I am also seeing strange behavior. When I change printer settings, the Adobe Print dialog also changes the profile setting. If I fix the profile setting, the dialog reverts the printer setting. So I am unable to print correctly. Since I installed CS5, my CS4 does not print at all. I can't say this is CS5 problem with 100% certainty at this point though.

BobFisher

CS5 Printing
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:21:40 pm »

Thanks guys.  It is odd.  I'm not 100% sure it's a CS5 issue either, Mirek but since I can get the results I expect in CS3 I started there.  I moved from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit OS as well and while Epson does have a 64 bit driver for my printer, it could be something with the 64 bit system.  More investigation needed I suppose.

fjmcsu

CS5 Printing
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:43:35 am »

Quote from: BobFisher

Thanks.

Bob,
I rarely print from the Epson driver utility but did so recently because I could not profile & print from my RIP the metallic polar paper from Red River Paper. Therefore I used their profile and the Epson utility on CS5 Win 7_ 64 . Same result as you with not centered image . Print itself was fine. I run both Mac OS  as well as Win so I have not tried it on the Mac OS yet!

BobFisher

CS5 Printing
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:25:49 pm »

Yep, same set up as mine - Win7, 64 bit.  Given the problems Guy Tal reported recently with 64 bit and a Canon printer, I'm leaning toward it being an issue with the 64 bit driver rather than CS5.

Karla

Re: CS5 Printing
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »

I am running Dell Intel Core 2 with CS5.   I have a room of 20 computers and only some students have this problem.   When you figure it out let me know as the students are very frustrated. 

Farmer

Re: CS5 Printing
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 10:26:45 pm »

Your print workflow SHOULD change between CS3 and CS5 because CS5 changed the UI and some other things.

If you could actually list your exact workflow, we can probably pin point where the trouble is.
Phil Brown
Pages: [1]   Go Up