Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP B9180 B&W printing - PROBLEMS!!  (Read 1227 times)

kerrydean

HP B9180 B&W printing - PROBLEMS!!
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:27:13 pm »

A few months back I finally got to sit down and use an HP B9180 that I've had for a while. My intention is only to print B&W on this thing but so far, no success. As far as I know, I've followed the instructions to a T, have the correct profile for the paper, calibrated the monitor, everything I know about. My prints - dark. Dark and flat.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong here? Open to any and all suggestions.

Many thanks. It is greatly appreciated.

24" iMac, OSX 10.5.whatever, PS CS4

kdw

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:36:12 pm »

What print driver settings are you using?
Regards,
Ron

Damir

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:56:53 am »

It is great printer for B&W you do something very wrong, but in my opinion problem is in CS4, I also have problem with CS4, so I never use Photoshop manage color option, try with printer manage color or with CS3 if you have it - it works great with CS3.

CS4 give dark, muddy prints - you just waste your paper and ink with it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:00:12 am by Damir »

Tom Montgomery

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:25:12 pm »

I get very satisfactory BW prints from my B9180, and have done so over more than two years using PSCS4, PSCS5, LR2, LR3b, Aperture, on various Macs, and under Leopard and Snow Leopard.  So there isn't anything inherently wrong with the printer as far as BW printing is concerned.

Calibrating my monitor helped a lot, back when I was getting started with the printer, but I think that reducing the monitor's brightness helped the most.
Pages: [1]   Go Up