Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving plugins  (Read 1824 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Moving plugins
« on: May 26, 2010, 12:50:57 pm »

Has anyone yet to discover an easy, foolproof way to migrate plugins from CS4 to CS5 other than 1) all new installations of every single one! or 2) pointing to the folder in CS4? It seems Adobe should be smart enough with an install to migrate one's plugins.

Nemo

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Moving plugins
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 01:18:05 pm »

Quote from: nemophoto
Has anyone yet to discover an easy, foolproof way to migrate plugins from CS4 to CS5 other than 1) all new installations of every single one! or 2) pointing to the folder in CS4? It seems Adobe should be smart enough with an install to migrate one's plugins.

Use the installers whenever possible.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

CoyoteButtes

Moving plugins
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 03:56:22 pm »

At the risk of repeating an often stated fact, if you're on a Mac you will want new plug-in installs because of Photoshop CS5 now being 64 bit. Genuine Fractals has released their 64 bit plug-in for CS5. But I'm still waiting for Noiseware and Nik's plug-ins in 64 bit.

Stan

Dave Gurtcheff

Moving plugins
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 04:01:39 pm »

Quote from: CoyoteButtes
At the risk of repeating an often stated fact, if you're on a Mac you will want new plug-in installs because of Photoshop CS5 now being 64 bit. Genuine Fractals has released their 64 bit plug-in for CS5. But I'm still waiting for Noiseware and Nik's plug-ins in 64 bit.

Stan
I can't get Silver Efex Pro to run in CS5. I installed from the original disks. I have kept CS4 installed because of the piug ins working there and not in CS5.
Dave

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Moving plugins
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:22:21 pm »

The Nik plugins work fine if you put CS5 in 32 bit mode.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

daws

Moving plugins
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 09:50:31 pm »

I keep desktop shortcuts to CS5 64-bit and CS5 32-bit, the latter loaded with those plugins that haven't yet been coded for 64 bit. Granted, a bit kludgy to save a file, close 64-bit, and reopen the file in 32-bit to apply the plugins.

Pages: [1]   Go Up