Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Review, Mamiya DF camera and Leaf DM56 Back  (Read 4652 times)

David Saffir

• http://davidsaffir.wordpress.com
Review, Mamiya DF camera and Leaf DM56 Back
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:05:17 pm »

Not too long ago I wrote a review of the Mamyia AFDIII and the Leaf 22MP back. At the time, I felt it was an excellent camera, and I still do.

In this report, I’ll cover my recent experience with another Mamiya camera and digital back: the Mamiya DF body, and the Mamiya DM56 digital back. Since space is limited on the blog, I’ll hit the high points as I see them.

Bottom line: a greatly improved, highly flexible camera body that, coupled with this digital back, delivers superb image quality. I have a few nitpicking suggestions, but overall this camera is impressive. more....
David Saffir
[url=http://davidsaffir.wor

Fotogman

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:01:55 am »

Quote from: David Saffir
Not too long ago I wrote a review of the Mamyia AFDIII and the Leaf 22MP back. At the time, I felt it was an excellent camera, and I still do.

In this report, I’ll cover my recent experience with another Mamiya camera and digital back: the Mamiya DF body, and the Mamiya DM56 digital back. Since space is limited on the blog, I’ll hit the high points as I see them.

Bottom line: a greatly improved, highly flexible camera body that, coupled with this digital back, delivers superb image quality. I have a few nitpicking suggestions, but overall this camera is impressive. more....

I too had the opportunity to play with the camera for a few days. I was throughly impressed with the overall feel of the camera, and the responsiveness of the autofocus system. The image quality was superb. I really liked the touch screen capability of the back. It made for easy examination of the image quality while in the field. I'd highly recommend this camera as I'm considering this or the 33 for purchase.

gotspeed

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 05:09:49 pm »

Thanks for pointing out that C1 is also an option for Leaf backs. I am appleless. And so far lightroom (out of memory errors) and beta leaf capture seem less then bullet proof on my xp box.  I should give that a try.

Quote from: David Saffir

Pages: [1]   Go Up