Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Cannot get paper list  (Read 2704 times)

InPartnership

Z3100 Cannot get paper list
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:59:11 am »

I had a problem with my 24" Z3100 in that it could not retrieve the custom paper list when I tried to recalibrate a paper.  Said the printer wasn't connected or turned on.  Tried to rectify this by upgrading the firmware but the only change is that now I have NO custom paper presets at all!!

Before I did the firmware upgrade it did print when told to but obviously I couldn't carry out a calibration.

Looking on the printer itself it does seem to retain the custom paper list that I have always had but this doesn't appear on my computer.

Mac OS X 10.6.3
HP Utility version 4.4.3
Printer Firmware version 7.0.0.3

Any assistance or useful hints would be most appreciated.

Matthew

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:07:48 pm »

Quote from: InPartnership
I had a problem with my 24" Z3100 in that it could not retrieve the custom paper list when I tried to recalibrate a paper.  Said the printer wasn't connected or turned on.  Tried to rectify this by upgrading the firmware but the only change is that now I have NO custom paper presets at all!!

Before I did the firmware upgrade it did print when told to but obviously I couldn't carry out a calibration.

Looking on the printer itself it does seem to retain the custom paper list that I have always had but this doesn't appear on my computer.

Mac OS X 10.6.3
HP Utility version 4.4.3
Printer Firmware version 7.0.0.3

Any assistance or useful hints would be most appreciated.

Matthew

I'm running my Z3100 on a windows 7 64-bit machine, and HP does not yet have the new driver for it.  After upgrading to Win7 I had difficulty installing the printer driver and software but finally got things working to where I can print as well as calibrate/profile new papers, etc.  However, when it comes to synchronizing the printer's list of paper presets with those in the computer, everything freezes up and there is no way to resync.

I hope HP gets off the dime and catches up with the rest of the world.

Dward

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 01:11:51 pm »

I am also running Mac 0S 10.6 with the HP3100.   When I have encountered this problem of not being able to retrieve the paper list, I've resorted to deleting the printer from the printer list in HP Utility, restarting the computer, and re-adding the printer.  If I remember correctly, I also did this with the Print and Fax window in System Preferences -- that is, I deleted the printer and then re-added it after restarting the compute.

I have no idea why this works, but it has for me (so far).

Good luck!

David V. Ward, Ph. D.
www.dvward.com
David V. Ward Fine Art Photography

mrenters

• http://www.teckelworks.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 01:32:10 pm »

Have you tried just power cycling the printer?  That does it for me.  Use the switch on the back next to the power cord.

Martin

InPartnership

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 01:51:47 pm »

Thank you David and Martin - I shall try both those.  I'm always reluctant to turn off the printer as it makes an awful clanking noise when it starts up again - something to do with the gear wheels on the left of the printer.

Matthew

Roscolo

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 02:02:47 pm »

Quote from: InPartnership
Thank you David and Martin - I shall try both those.  I'm always reluctant to turn off the printer as it makes an awful clanking noise when it starts up again - something to do with the gear wheels on the left of the printer.

Matthew

Power off, wait a couple of minutes, then power on usually solves this problem for me as well.

howseth

• http://howseth.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 04:35:05 pm »

Quote from: Roscolo
Power off, wait a couple of minutes, then power on usually solves this problem for me as well.

This also worked for me - several times.

Howard Seth

walter.sk

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 05:52:32 pm »

Quote from: howseth
This also worked for me - several times.

Howard Seth
I wish it worked for me...

Andrew Stagg

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 01:59:13 am »

I ave found with Win 7 x64 is that the latest driver won't work properly. I have gone back to an older version of the driver (61.71.841.0) this now synchronises perfectly. It also allows me to create paper settings where the length is shorter than the width, which the older drivers do not.

Andrew Stagg
www.canvasvarnish.com

InPartnership

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 06:48:26 am »

Turning off then on worked although the printer does take about 45 minutes to turn on and be ready.  Thank you for everyone's input and time.

Matthew
Pages: [1]   Go Up