Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEX-5 review  (Read 19009 times)

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
NEX-5 review
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 01:00:45 pm »

i just bought spontaneously in LA the nex-5, after trying it out just for fun in a sony shop . what i thought which is great is the so easy t handle override function of the af, you just touch the manual focus ring and the camera jumps in 7x magnification to see the manual sharpness.

now i read here in the net some comments abut the camera and its funny,-
my two friends from bangkok, steve w and khun k both have bought the nex5 too. funny coincidence ....
( greetings to you both  )

ordered today a m lense adapter on bay and cant wait to use my old 35 and 90 m lenses with the nex5.
i will add a vogtlander 24mm and maybe a 50 and i think thats a really nice small camera pack,
i cant see an alternative at similar size ( with 1080i video  ).

i also leave the camera usually in A, exp. compensation is at hand with one knob assigned to it, so the only thing which should be easier here is the iso,
but as steve said its not very far away either with two clicks.  very god the one button video recording. wait for LR/ACR support too, of course.

rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
NEX-5 review
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2010, 01:13:39 pm »

Quote from: rainer_v
i just bought spontaneously in LA the nex-5, after trying it out just for fun in a sony shop . what i thought which is great is the so easy t handle override function of the af, you just touch the manual focus ring and the camera jumps in 7x magnification to see the manual sharpness.

now i read here in the net some comments abut the camera and its funny,-
my two friends from bangkok, steve w and khun k both have bought the nex5 too. funny coincidence ....
( greetings to you both  )

ordered today a m lense adapter on bay and cant wait to use my old 35 and 90 m lenses with the nex5.
i will add a vogtlander 24mm and maybe a 50 and i think thats a really nice small camera pack,
i cant see an alternative at similar size ( with 1080i video  ).

i also leave the camera usually in A, exp. compensation is at hand with one knob assigned to it, so the only thing which should be easier here is the iso,
but as steve said its not very far away either with two clicks.  very god the one button video recording. wait for LR/ACR support too, of course.
LOL!  Good to read your post Rainer.  Long time no see.

I recently received the 16mm and am quite pleased for what the package is.. no complaints here other than the small text on the LCD and that we're still waiting for LR3/ACR/C1pro to support the raws.

Perhaps the most difficult feature of the NEX-5 is deciding if I'm going to make a short video, a sweep pano, in-camera HDR, or whatever.. Oh.. and I had a hard time finding it today in the rear seat.. slipped down between some seat cushions.. that NEVER happens with my 1d series bodies..
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
NEX-5 review
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2010, 01:18:11 pm »

Quote from: Steve Weldon
LOL!  Good to read your post Rainer.  Long time no see.

I recently received the 16mm and am quite pleased for what the package is.. no complaints here other than the small text on the LCD and that we're still waiting for LR3/ACR/C1pro to support the raws.

Perhaps the most difficult feature of the NEX-5 is deciding if I'm going to make a short video, a sweep pano, in-camera HDR, or whatever.. Oh.. and I had a hard time finding it today in the rear seat.. slipped down between some seat cushions.. that NEVER happens with my 1d series bodies..
i bought it  with the 16mm, too. think i will pass the zooms.
i have made so many thousand of images with p+s zoom cameras ( images i never used for nearly nothing ) so its not a big miss to snap a bit more concentrated ....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:18:29 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
Re: NEX-5 review
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 01:21:54 pm »

Are we missing like the last 2-3 posts after the forum conversion in this thread?
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up