Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5DMII Firmware 2.0.7  (Read 2608 times)

markgoble

5DMII Firmware 2.0.7
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:48:16 pm »

Whats with all the 5DMII firmware changes? I was just going to change from my 1.1.0 version to 2.0.4, and now i see a 2.0.7. version.  Seems like they cant get it right.

Does anyone know if the camera works properly with the version i have now the 1.1.0? I have a feeling that if i switch to 2.0.7 it may be a mistake if 1.1.0 is fine.

Thanks,

Mark

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
5DMII Firmware 2.0.7
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:06:25 am »

Does anyone know if the camera works properly with the version i have now the 1.1.0?
The answer to that rather depends on the way you're using the camera.

The update to the version 2.x firmware added substantial and very significant features to the video capabilities of the mkII, whereas the latest update just corrects a small bug in the video performance. Whether this was there from the beginning I don't know, but there's greater usage of the video features since Canon released the version 2 firmware with industry standard frame rates, so the video functions are getting ever greater scrutiny and the tiniest of bugs are getting found and complained about.
At least Canon are making the effort to fix bugs like this and offer significant free upgrades via firmware.

If you only ever shoot stills, it's probably a non-issue.

markgoble

5DMII Firmware 2.0.7
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:57:16 am »

Thanks Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up