Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak not to be outdone  (Read 3783 times)

Alan Little

Kodak not to be outdone
« on: September 26, 2002, 08:29:59 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']I'm guessing probably no mirror lockup - didn't see it mentioned on the spec sheets on DP Review - like the F80, F100 and D100.This is a *huge* problem compared to Canon for all except top-of-the-range Nikon (and Nikon-based) cameras.[/font]

Marshal

Kodak not to be outdone
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 02:01:48 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Although the camera does not have as clean or elegant a profile as other cameras from the front as I mentioned above, I must say to its defense that the back of the camera looks very good with a clean, simple and ergonomic looking layout of controls.

I love the hand grip of my D1X, which fits my hand perfectly. :-)[/font]

Doug_Dolde

Kodak not to be outdone
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2002, 03:28:16 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']New 13.8 Megapixel Kodak[/font]

Marshal

Kodak not to be outdone
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2002, 06:32:59 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Although I will not be buying the Kodak 14n, I'm interested just for curiosity's sake to see sample images from the Kodak.
From looking at the pic of the camera, it's not a very elegant looking camera and hopefully, for the people who will buy it, the camera will be more ergonomic than it looks.[/font]

jdemott

Kodak not to be outdone
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2002, 11:46:18 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']Alan--a minor clarification on the subject of mirror lockup.  The D100 has a function rather confusingly called "anti-mirror shock" which really is a mirror pre-fire feature, raising the mirror about one-half second before the exposure.  To make matters more confusing, the D100 also has a function called "mirror lockup" which is used only for raising the mirror to clean the sensor.  Confusion aside, the "anti-mirror shock" seems to work--it largely eliminates any unsharpness from mirror slap vibration at slower shutter speeds.  

I have no idea whether the Kodak camera, which seems to incorporate many elements of the D100 platform, will have this feature,  but I certainly agree that it would be an important consideration.[/font]
John DeMott

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
Kodak not to be outdone
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 07:41:15 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']Hi,

About samples of the Kodak DCS 14n here is a statement from Kodak:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?fo...message=3465977[/font]
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for
Pages: [1]   Go Up