Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change name do many files  (Read 1521 times)

cocasana

Change name do many files
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:12:05 am »

Hi there. I would like to change name (delete one part and change it) to a folder of files.
I think Iview Pro had such feature but right now that program seems unavailable. Any suggestion?
Thank you very much! Carlo

I'm using a Mac OSX 10.6.3.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:11 am »

Quote from: cocasana
Hi there. I would like to change name (delete one part and change it) to a folder of files.
I think Iview Pro had such feature but right now that program seems unavailable. Any suggestion?

Try Name Mangler. Shareware, $10.

Jeremy

Nigel Johnson

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:56:15 am »

Quote from: kikashi
Try Name Mangler. Shareware, $10.

Jeremy

Or try MassReplaceIt from http://www.hexmonkeysoftware.com which is free although you have the opportunity to make a donation.

Nigel

imagetone

• http://www.tonymayimages.com
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:42:09 am »

Carlo. I'm not on 10.6 but in all previous versions of Mac OS X there have been built-in Finder scripts (Replace Text in Item Names, Add to File Names, Trim File Names etc) to do this.  In 10.5 the scripts are grouped into folders inside the Library/Scripts folder and if you run the Apple Script Utility there is an option to add the Scripts menu to your menu bar in the Finder (if the icon isn't already in the menu bar)which gives you a menu from which you can run the scripts.  From memory, I think there is a requirement to manually add some of the scripts to the menu in 10.6 as they are not all there by default.  You can google how to do that.

Tony May

loonsailor

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 08:27:12 am »

Or, if you're familiar with Unix / linux, you can do it with the mv command.  Just open a terminal (in the utilities folder), type 'man mv' to get the syntax if you don't know it, then make it all happen.

cocasana

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 10:01:08 am »

Thank you all for your suggestions. I gave a try (actually I changed the names I had to) to Name Mangler and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again, Carlo
Pages: [1]   Go Up