Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding The Imaging Factory Convert to Black and White Pro  (Read 14026 times)

nilo

Finding The Imaging Factory Convert to Black and White Pro
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 11:12:41 am »

Did anyone successfully install and use this plug-in with cs5? If so, how did you do it?

thanks
nino

stevenglover

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 11:58:42 pm »

Quote from: stephenmarsh
You should end up with a file on your desktop or downloads folder similar to: CBWP3.pkg.zip

Unzip the .zip wrapper and you will be left with a .pkg or Mac OS Installer "Package", which should automate finding the appropriate Photoshop Plug-Ins folder etc.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
http://prepression.blogspot.com/
Stephen, thank you for jumping in here.  I have done all the download, put it in "photoshop" folder but it doesn't show  up in filter gallery or anywhere.  I go to photoshop>plug ins>filter gallery and a small screen shows up saying plug ins and anytime i click on it it disappears and there I am. What folder should I put the plug in from the download in, photoshop or The Imaging Factory?

stephenmarsh

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 01:20:04 am »

I have done a quick screen-cap-combo, this install is on a PPC G5 using OS X "Tiger" running inside CS3. This indicates both the local drive folder install location and the Photoshop menu location.

The plug-in just needs to be in the Photoshop Application folder >> plug-ins folder. I personally prefer to separate 3rd party plugs into a sub folder for house keeping purposes, however this is not required for the plug to work.

I don't know why you are in "filter gallery", I thought that this was for the Adobe filters only.

Perhaps things have changed on the Mac for Intel or CS4> ?

CS4 or CS5 I use on Windows, until the old G5 Mac is upgraded to an Intel box for use with CS5.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:26:31 am by stephenmarsh »

JimAscher

• Jim Ascher Photos
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 11:29:10 am »

I don't know why you are in "filter gallery", I thought that this was for the Adobe filters only.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

To jump in here, briefly, once again: In my Photoshop Elements running on Windows, all plug-ins -- third-party or not -- appear in and are accessed from the Filters menu.  It might, and probably is, different in the full Photoshop application.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:29:47 am by JimAscher »
Jim Ascher

See my SmugMug site:
http://jimascherphotos.smugmug.com/

stephenmarsh

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 05:23:02 pm »

Quote from: JimAscher
To jump in here, briefly, once again: In my Photoshop Elements running on Windows, all plug-ins -- third-party or not -- appear in and are accessed from the Filters menu.  It might, and probably is, different in the full Photoshop application.

I did not consider that the OP was using PSE, I am only commenting on Ps. AFAIK in Ps, the "Filter Gallery" is only used for a certain amount of default Adobe filters (the old Aldus Gallery Effects filters?) and should not be confused with other filters or plug-ins...things may be different with PSE. If a third party plug is being confused with a "Filter Gallery" filter, that may explain the issues (or if installed correctly, perhaps things have changed under the hood in the OS or Ps and the plug-in is now broken)

Stephen Marsh
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:24:53 pm by stephenmarsh »

stevenglover

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2010, 12:36:42 am »

I did not consider that the OP was using PSE, I am only commenting on Ps. AFAIK in Ps, the "Filter Gallery" is only used for a certain amount of default Adobe filters (the old Aldus Gallery Effects filters?) and should not be confused with other filters or plug-ins...things may be different with PSE. If a third party plug is being confused with a "Filter Gallery" filter, that may explain the issues (or if installed correctly, perhaps things have changed under the hood in the OS or Ps and the plug-in is now broken)

Stephen Marsh
Stephan, maybe you are right.  When I click on the plug in icon in applications i get a note "Could not complete your request because photoshop doesn't recognize this type of file".  What do yo make of this message?  It sure is fun talking to you guys.  What a miracle the internet is!

stephenmarsh

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 02:44:52 am »

Quote from: stevenglover
Stephan, maybe you are right.  When I click on the plug in icon in applications i get a note "Could not complete your request because photoshop doesn't recognize this type of file".  What do yo make of this message?  It sure is fun talking to you guys.  What a miracle the internet is!

I would ask you to confirm the following two points:

1) Please state for the record your Mac hardware (PPC or Intel), operating system version and Photoshop version or Photoshop Elements version.

2) Select the plug-in file in the Finder, CMD I or "File/Get Info" on the plug-in...does it look like the screen capture below? Even better, do a screen capture and attach it to your reply!

Stephen Marsh

stevenglover

Re: Finding The Imaging Factory Convert to Black and White Pro
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 07:00:25 pm »

I know it has been a long time in coming.  Sorry.  Still very interested.  In answer to your question,intel platform core2duo. version OSX 10.5.8  and photoshop CS4.  No screen example of CMD plug in or fill from finder shows up in your reply.  Is there a secret to accessing it or should it be right on your reply?

stephenmarsh

Re: Finding The Imaging Factory Convert to Black and White Pro
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2010, 07:23:47 pm »

> I know it has been a long time in coming.  Sorry. No screen example
> of CMD plug in or fill from finder shows up in your reply.  Is there a
> secret to accessing it or should it be right on your reply?

Yes, since I attached the screen capture, the forum software has changed
and the previous attachment appears to have been lost. [EDIT: I now see the
old screen cap, so there must be a setting to hide/display attachments].

The "CMD I" that I mentioned was how to "get info" on the plug-in file,
so that I could see what was going on at your end.

Keep in mind that I tested the plug on Tiger on a PPC Mac. I don't know
if this plug will work on Intel Macs running a later OS.

I have taken a new screen cap.

Good luck,

Stephen Marsh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up