Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: lu-la changes  (Read 10631 times)

Michael LS

• http://michaelshafitz.zenfolio.com/
lu-la changes
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 07:09:51 pm »

Wow, sounds like you've pretty much got it all there, Michael; an exotic locale, photo ops, broadband, sat,
and to be specific- An exotic locale with weather and an art community- my idea of heaven.
Rather painful though, only for myself and my wife, since we cannot be there.
And a shame about there being no drug lords, but of course, there is always the local pharmacy!  
(just kidding, just kidding!!)
Enjoy, Sir!
[url=http://michaelshafitz.zenfolio.com/

Rob C

lu-la changes
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 03:08:32 am »

Quote from: michael
Erik,

The site is just an Internet connection away, and I have faster DSL here in SMA than I do in Toronto.

Michael

Please don't put it like that... I spend half my waking time here!

;-) or :-(

Rob C

James R

lu-la changes
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 07:48:37 pm »

Quote from: michael
James,

There is an airport in Leon, about 90 minutes away, but it's served only by flights from the American southwest. I'd rather not fly through the U.S. unless I absolutely have to.

I therefore fly to Mexico City, which has daily non-stops from Toronto, and virtually every other major city in the western world. From there it's a 3 hour drive via a car service. Lean back, doze and you're there.

In the winter, when I come for a few months, I plan on driving down so I can bring my dog and also have my car here.

Michael

Everything sound pretty nice, except the driving from the US border to San Miguel.  I stopped driving to Ensenada years ago because of the potential to highway robberies.  Mexico is pretty lawless in many locals--all locals when discussing the US/Mex border.  

For selfish reasons, I hope this move doesn't change your interaction with LL.  I've enjoyed this site for years and feel its standards are a by-product of your personality.  

jr
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up