Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Camera Profiles  (Read 4160 times)

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
Lightroom Camera Profiles
« on: May 22, 2010, 06:51:42 pm »

Hello, I recently started using a Sony a850 and love it.  However, with my Nikon D300, when I go to the profile in the Camera Calibration section, I had a lot of choices.  Now, with the Sony a850, I just have one "Adobe Standard".  This is in both LR 2.7 and LR 3.2 beta.

Is this right?  Should I have different choices and setting here?  I thought the a850 was supported.  If I can't get other profiles from Adobe, is there a place online where I can get them?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 07:43:17 pm »

I don't know that Adobe has any 'canned' profiles for the A850, but you can certainly use the DNG Profile Creator from Adobe to create your own.

Adobe Camera Profiles

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:08:57 pm »

Quote from: EliBurak
Is this right?  Should I have different choices and setting here?  I thought the a850 was supported.

The additional vendor look profiles vary camera model by camera model. Adobe has made the most profiles for Nikon and Canon cameras and far less for other models. If you have Adobe Standard and no others that's because there aren't any other profiles...as indicated in th previous post you can roll your own with the free DNG Profile Editor.

Eli Burakian

• Photogaboutit
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 01:18:29 am »

Quote from: Schewe
you can roll your own with the free DNG Profile Editor.

Maybe it's time to give that a try.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 02:41:24 am »

Quote from: EliBurak
Hello, I recently started using a Sony a850 and love it.  However, with my Nikon D300, when I go to the profile in the Camera Calibration section, I had a lot of choices.  Now, with the Sony a850, I just have one "Adobe Standard".  This is in both LR 2.7 and LR 3.2 beta.

Is this right?  Should I have different choices and setting here?  I thought the a850 was supported.  If I can't get other profiles from Adobe, is there a place online where I can get them?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.
As others said , roll your own with the free apps from Adobe.

You could also create your own with a MacBeth Color Checker or better the X-Rite PAssport with the free Passport software, easy to do. There is even a handy tool for managing all your custom DNG profiles see the link below.

http://www.xrite.com/ph_product_overview.a...57&catid=28
Pages: [1]   Go Up