Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Art Wolfe`s Website  (Read 1749 times)

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
Art Wolfe`s Website
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:00:23 am »

I am putting my first website together and was looking at Art`s site for inspiration and I noticed that quite a few of his images are .psd and I was wondering if there is some advantage to saving in .psd as compared to .jpg or .tif? I was under yhe impression that it was best to have .jpg on your website?
Mike

Rob C

Art Wolfe`s Website
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:45:06 am »

Quote from: Mike Sellers
I am putting my first website together and was looking at Art`s site for inspiration and I noticed that quite a few of his images are .psd and I was wondering if there is some advantage to saving in .psd as compared to .jpg or .tif? I was under yhe impression that it was best to have .jpg on your website?
Mike

I believe that the idea is to keep files small and make it tough for good rip-offs to  be made - and that was the purpose of JPEGs. Of course, I could be wrong and people are far more generous with their work than I had imagined.

Rob C

Gary Brown

Art Wolfe`s Website
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 03:42:47 pm »

Quote from: Mike Sellers
Mike
Most (if not all) browsers don't know how to display .psd images, and only a few know how to display TIFF, so those aren't really usable on a Web page. Generally they wouldn't be desirable anyway for Web display, of course, since they're almost always much larger than JPEGs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up