Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Fuji digicam is good at high ISO ?  (Read 1509 times)

shaan

Which Fuji digicam is good at high ISO ?
« on: May 16, 2005, 12:47:50 pm »

I believe he is speaking of the new F10 digicam, there is a review of it on DPReview.

Shaan W

BJL

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 10:03:52 am »

A few other new digicams are also at least promissing higher usable ISO speeds, like the new Olympus "800" with the new 8MP 1/1.8" sensor, but I have not seen a review yet.

Olympus is explicitly trading away some of the 8MP resolution at higher ISO speeds in order to control noise, which is after all what we did when we chose high speed film or pushed film. Indeed it is what physics says that we inevitably must do at some point. the Fuji F10 is quite likely also trading some resolution for adequate noise levels at high speeds; they acknowledged doing something like that with the S2.

I am curious to see proper testing of image quality at high sensor speeds for both noise and resolution, since for some time I have been advocating this approach: a camera that combines high resolution when enough light is available with adequately controlled noise but less resolution in lower light, higher speed situations.

And if this is the beginning of the end for auto-flash in museums, I am all for it!

thierrylegros396

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:22:12 am »

"The Fuji looks impressive for a digicam"

Have a nice Day !

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 01:38:28 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up