Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Mamiya RZ33  (Read 15369 times)

Frank Doorhof

• http://
The New Mamiya RZ33
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 02:23:31 am »

P65+ looks interesting indeed, now let's hope Leaf comes with something like that

bcooter

The New Mamiya RZ33
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 04:04:51 am »

Quote from: Frank Doorhof
P65+ looks interesting indeed, now let's hope Leaf comes with something like that

I would be very surprised if Leaf would be allowed by Phase to offer the same 645 sensor that is in the p65.

Even when Leaf was in competition with Phase they went to a 2:3 proportion, not 4:3, maybe because they were selling the afi and that rotating sensor, maybe because Phase has a partial lockdown on that size of sensor from Dalsa, but regardless, I doubt if Phase has any desire to compete with itself.

This is just speculation, but I believe the whole reason on the Leaf acquisition was to move Leaf owners into the Phase lineup.  First with tethering and processing in c-1, then later in offering some kind of upgrade scheme to move to a phase.

Also Leaf had a lot of experience with the Dalsa side of things, even cmos so maybe they will use those resources in R+D.

Personally I would like to see it move the other way, with Phase moving their customers to Leaf as the premium brand, mainly due to Leaf's touch screen interface system.   If Leaf could get Phase reliability and move the battery away from the firewire cord, if Phase had Leaf's touch screen and color experience then you'd have a nice product.

Anyway, this is just all a guess and I doubt seriously if any of the decision makers are gonna tell us much.

BC

bcooter

The New Mamiya RZ33
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 12:58:39 pm »

QUOTE (dougpetersonci @ May 24 2010, 07:59 PM)
I don't see any announcement of this on Hassy's website nor have seen any postings or blogs or calls by anyone who has received one.

Quote from: gwhitf
Relax, Doug.

Read the first part of the sentence: "tricks the brain into thinking..."

Doug, your jumpy today.  Don't worry you guys are the only $45,000 camera in the land except I just read that the new Pentax is $830,000 so maybe that's the most expensive.

Oh shit, sorry that's 830,000 yen not dollars, uh let me figure this out  . . . yen to dollars means the pentax will sell for . . . uh oh.

BC
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:59:11 pm by bcooter »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up