Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preset curves in ACR 6.1  (Read 5120 times)

cocasana

Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« on: May 20, 2010, 02:57:22 am »

Hi there, something I can't understand happens.
I had set ACR's settings in CS4 to obtain a "scene referred" preview (everything to 0, linear curve, camera's color profile).
In the "Presets" I had recorded some parametric curves I use often. These parametric curves were saved checking only the Parametric curve option in the Save presets" check box.
I have set ACR 6.1 the same way, and I have moved those Presets to it. But when I chose one of the Parametric curves ACR doesn't apply only the new Parametric curve but applies also ACR's default settings (not mine). BTW it happens also if I save new Parametric curves directly in ACR 6.1.
What did I do wrong? Thanks, Carlo

madmanchan

• Web
Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:23:57 am »

Hi Carlo, I just tried to reproduce your issue here with CR 6.1 release candidate, but could not. I created a preset with only the Parametric box checked, in which the Parametric curve was set to some non-zero (i.e., not default) values. When I apply that preset, it changes only the parametric curve, nothing else.

Are you sure that you created your presets with only the Parametric checkbox checked?
Eric Chan

bjanes

Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 09:44:57 am »

Quote from: cocasana
I had set ACR's settings in CS4 to obtain a "scene referred" preview (everything to 0, linear curve, camera's color profile).
It may be of academic interest only, but those settings will not give a scene referred image where the spectral radiances of the scene are recorded in the file. With your settings, you still have gamma encoding and the colors are clipped to those of the output space. The ICC site gives instructions on obtaining scene referred data with ACR. True scene referred captures are often used in high dynamic range work and when you want to use the camera image to determine scene radiances from the camera output.

Regards,

Bill

cocasana

Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:57:20 am »

Hi Eric, yes I'm sure. Ive tried once again before posting the first msg. and even some minutes ago. Anyway thanks.
Hi Bill, thanks; you are right for sure but for me those settings are interesting to see the raw material I have to work on.
BTW I've tried a very last time before clicking on "Add Reply" and t did it again!

madmanchan

• Web
Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:36 am »

By any chance can you email me (madmanchan2000@yahoo.com) your preset? It's a .xmp file. Curious to see what's going on, since I can't repro it here.
Eric Chan

madmanchan

• Web
Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:44:21 pm »

Hi Carlo, I have now reproduced your issue and this will get fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
Eric Chan

cocasana

Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 03:08:38 am »

Quote from: madmanchan
Hi Carlo, I have now reproduced your issue and this will get fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thank you Eric!!!

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 07:12:12 am »

There is a similar issue with the Lens corrections preset. If one first selects Auto for exposure, brightness, etc settings
and then selects a lens only preset - the "Auto" values are being overridden with some other values.

This is on win7x64, ACR 6.1RC1

madmanchan

• Web
Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 10:03:52 am »

Correct, it's a general presets issue, not limited to the parametric curve. It will be fixed.
Eric Chan

Peter_DL

Preset curves in ACR 6.1
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 10:43:33 am »

Quote from: bjanes
... With your settings, you still have gamma encoding and the colors are clipped to those of the output space.
Gamma is invisible (on screen) in a color-managed environment.

Peter

--
Pages: [1]   Go Up