Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally Did it! Got me some MF Gear : RZ+DL28  (Read 13980 times)

Frank Doorhof

• http://
Finally Did it! Got me some MF Gear : RZ+DL28
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2010, 02:53:44 am »

In reality you only need to connect the thin cable.
The larger cable is not needed for normal operation.

jimgolden

• http://
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2010, 02:54:21 am »

wow, did you rob a bank or something?

gotspeed

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2010, 03:06:15 am »

I figured at the point where the MF can be had for the same price as a DSLR is the time to get it. I was very patient for years.. I even bought an older 1ds so I would leave room for MF stuff instead of blowing it on a new one.

There is very little money in the banks to steal.  I think they are all mostly bankrupt right now, dead fish float up every friday. FDiC is bankrupt too, heck every government is going bankrupt.  The have managed to enslave us and hide the truth about  how money works.   Once you have a basic understanding of the fiat monetary system/central bankers/fractional reserve banking/deficits  you realize it's kind of a scam.  After that, money, becomes a little less stressful issue.  The banksters make it and destroy at their whim out of nothing.  I was kind shell shocked by the last two years. But having looked into it a bit,  like anything else having even a glipse of the internals makes it less scary. It's really worth knowing something about such a basic concept as money. We work for it all life and don't even know what it is, where it comes from or who controls it.  Once you grasp that you give yourself the loan when you take money from the bank, and it's not the banks or other peoples' money it's a lot easier to  deal with.  The bank takes the risk of the colleteral not going down. Well they gambled and lost. Why should you aganonize over their risk. They had it good for a long time.

I suggest "money as debt I and II" and "Meltup"  on youtube for some good intro.  To this day, the lawful money of the USA is an ounce of silver, the notes we all call money is not money, it's an IOU of the bankrupt fed bank. I think I'd rather have a tangible good that I will appreciate for very long time and could be used to do honest work, than a pile of devaluing fraudulent paper.  Of course real savings and capital are good things. Spending beyond earnings is not a good idea.  Have you noticed the price of good lenses, they just keep going up, lenses (like precious metals) are better savings than cash!

Seriously though, I think I got a heck of a deal on the dl or the prices have dropped a lot. And the rest is really not that much used. I feel a bit guilty, not doubt. But don't scream at the manufacturers for higher prices. It's a direct result of the scam of deficits/fiat money.  Alan Greenspan in 1966 called inflation a hidden theft of savings by the statist governments, that was before he turned to the dark side.  Sorry for the off topic rant but you brought up the subject...

And if this stuff interests you, "Money Changers " is a must watch. This goes all they back to 1500's and the Bank of England.   For a blow your mind account of how the US was taken over by the fed/irs and how they have been manipulating this country since 1913 lookup "Secrets of the Federal Reserve" pdf, website, 8 hour mp3 is available. This should be elementary education of all adults.

“THERE IS NO MEANS OF AVOIDING THE FINAL COLLAPSE OF A BOOM BROUGHT ABOUT BY CREDIT EXPANSION. THE ALTERNATIVE IS ONLY WHETHER THE CRISIS SHOULD COME SOONER AS THE RESULT OF A VOLUNTARY ABANDONMENT OF FURTHER CREDIT EXPANSION OR LATER AS A FINAL AND TOTAL CATASTROPHE OF THE CURRENCY SYSTEM INVOLVED.”

Ludwig von Mises – Austrian Economist (1881- 1973)

I can just imagine empty shelves when Benny bucks drop from the helicopter,  but nobody will take them in trade. An anctode from a Wiemar, a  city slicker tried to buy some food from a farmer and he was told he doesn't accept bankster confetti. That's what Mises is talking about. The only other option is austerity, riots ala Greece.  Greece can't devalue as they don't have their own currency/central bank. But ECB caved in also and now helicopters are flying in Europe dropping money as well. You never know some day I'll be able to trade a lens or two for some eggs and milk, while others are pushing wheelbarrow with dollars into the store. Only storm clouds ahead. Ben already stated his position, will he stick to it? Another important qoute regarding government obligations from Greenspan, "We can guarantee payment in nominal terms but not purchasing power". Taken from the two brightest minds in finance according to some (or two biggest con man). You be the judge, which option will they take? So be careful, can't go wrong with some insurance against full implosion.

Here's one image you should never forget, if we don't crash, this is starting to look like the beginning of a parabolic curve.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:51:01 pm by gotspeed »

gotspeed

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2010, 11:10:02 am »

First outdoor shot, just after rain cloudy.. ISO200 80mm f2.8 processed in lightroom using embeded profile. Which I assume comes in the raw file from Leaf? THe other option is ACR 4.6 which is brighter but not as saturated I don't think.  Vibrance, contrast, sharpening added, with detail/mask.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 11:10:25 am by gotspeed »

ced

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2010, 11:16:34 am »

Quote from: gotspeed
First outdoor shot, just after rain cloudy.. ISO200 80mm f2.8 processed in lightroom using embeded profile. Which I assume comes in the raw file from Leaf? THe other option is ACR 4.6 which is brighter but not as saturated I don't think.  Vibrance, contrast, sharpening added, with detail/mask.
The only thing ACR keeps from Leaf is the Grey Balance if you ask for as shot, the rest is ACR...
(Hope this is useful.)

gotspeed

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 11:37:12 am »

So what's embedded then?  For canon they supply profiles, which mimic canons native styles.  But as you say it also comes from ACR....

Quote from: ced
The only thing ACR keeps from Leaf is the Grey Balance if you ask for as shot, the rest is ACR...
(Hope this is useful.)

gotspeed

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2010, 08:41:40 pm »

So much for Adorama, first email it's on backorder then order was canceled for for pricing error.  Still looking...  for 903-545...

I received my rz yesterday,  It didn't take too long comprehend how to work it,  glad it came with a manual. Well I did also get two rolls of film, maybe I should just forget about the adapter. The viewfinder is huge.

ondebanks

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 08:19:03 am »

There is very little money in the banks to steal.  

<snip>

“THERE IS NO MEANS OF AVOIDING THE FINAL COLLAPSE OF A BOOM BROUGHT ABOUT BY CREDIT EXPANSION. THE ALTERNATIVE IS ONLY WHETHER THE CRISIS SHOULD COME SOONER AS THE RESULT OF A VOLUNTARY ABANDONMENT OF FURTHER CREDIT EXPANSION OR LATER AS A FINAL AND TOTAL CATASTROPHE OF THE CURRENCY SYSTEM INVOLVED.”

Ludwig von Mises – Austrian Economist (1881- 1973)

<snip>

Here's one image you should never forget, if we don't crash, this is starting to look like the beginning of a parabolic curve.

I wish someone had told my government (Ireland) about the Ludwig von Mises quote, every day from 2003 to 2008. Ah, they'd have ignored it anyway.
At least they were the quickest govt within the EU to take hard corrective action, starting summer 2008; if they hadn't, we would be in the same boat as Greece right now.
But that's a bit like saying "thanks, guys, for doubling the national debt; if you hadn't acted sooner you'd have tripled it and brought in the IMF; you're real heros!"

I still see no point in buying gold as a defence against monetary armageddon - it's no more edible than paper money, and no better at keeping the rain off your head. Unless you've got enough of the stuff to build a gold-bar igloo.

Ray

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:28 pm »

So much for Adorama, first email it's on backorder then order was canceled for for pricing error.  Still looking...  for 903-545...

I received my rz yesterday,  It didn't take too long comprehend how to work it,  glad it came with a manual. Well I did also get two rolls of film, maybe I should just forget about the adapter. The viewfinder is huge.

GS

I'd recommend contacting a medium format-focused dealer to order the adapter through. Generally you won't find much of a price difference, if any, from Adorama. Nothing to lose, all to gain.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

gotspeed

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:08 pm »

US and UK might be  too far the road to hell to take the correct action.

Quote from: ondebanks
I wish someone had told my government (Ireland) about the Ludwig von Mises quote, every day from 2003 to 2008. Ah, they'd have ignored it anyway.
At least they were the quickest govt within the EU to take hard corrective action, starting summer 2008; if they hadn't, we would be in the same boat as Greece right now.
But that's a bit like saying "thanks, guys, for doubling the national debt; if you hadn't acted sooner you'd have tripled it and brought in the IMF; you're real heros!"

I still see no point in buying gold as a defence against monetary armageddon - it's no more edible than paper money, and no better at keeping the rain off your head. Unless you've got enough of the stuff to build a gold-bar igloo.

Ray

gotspeed

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2010, 11:09:38 pm »

I've done something a bit embarrassing. I bought a 120 f/4 macro on ebay, beauty in a box like new,  what a nice lens.   I have almost forgotten how nice those manual focus lenses were built.  But once I saw the aperture ring I started worrying.  It turns out it is the 645Pro version.  The price should have been a warning flag, but I didn't really check what they were going for.

It can be used  with the afdiii using the stop down mode where you flip a switch from A/M.  Also, I don't  think the camera allows the leaf back to change the camera settings with that lens on. Some big negatives, huge + is the price. Right now I see correct versions going for $900. I got this one for just over a third of that.  For studio/flash where one would meter manually and set ISO once per session. Wouldn't be  a big deal but otherwise pain in the butt very likely. It sure feels & looks good on the camera, i think i might have to adopt it. The focus ring is so precise, butter smooth. Maybe I'll keep for a while if I get tired, make a trade with keh when they get some afd versions.

Focusing manually seems quite doable on the afdiii, with a bit of back/forth it appears the center area is a bit magnified. The subject will have to be well lit. Doug just corrected me, regarding focus confirmation, it actually does work with this lens. So that's  VERY useful, and with this lens, twisting that ring is actually enjoyable.. slow and steady.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 12:12:00 am by gotspeed »

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 11:37:13 pm »

It can be used  with the afdiii, no focus confirmation and has the stop down mode where you flip a switch from A/M.  If that wasn't enough,  I don't  think the camera allows the leaf back to change the camera settings with that lens on.

You should be able to use focus confirmation with that lens. Do you know which firmware version you have in your AFDIII? Are you using it with mirror up mode? One of the earlier AFDIII firmwares did not allow focus confirmation when using mirror up.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

gotspeed

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 12:02:53 am »

Well Doug,  you are right. It does do focus confirmation with this lens.

One less negative... The eyes get you in the ball park very quickly, and then >*<  can zero it in. Thanks!

Quote from: dougpetersonci
You should be able to use focus confirmation with that lens. Do you know which firmware version you have in your AFDIII? Are you using it with mirror up mode? One of the earlier AFDIII firmwares did not allow focus confirmation when using mirror up.

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

gotspeed

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2010, 08:10:25 pm »

Well I am experimenting with my RZs & 110mm.  Cleaned the gear.  Learned to take it apart. Kind of like a machine gun.
While waiting for an adapter to materialize.... I received two rolls of slide film with the camera, provia 100f and  64t film.
I loaded the provia, metered with the seconic and took my first ever MF film shots. Old for some new for me.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, for a change the weather is perfect.

dl28 120 f/4 macro, not really hand held but no tripod either  1/50 @f4 ISO 200.

The orchids were with flash f/11-16. I messed up on the 2nd one it was too dark, so I had to boost it in post over 3 stops... Wow still usable. This stop down metering might not be that great.
I cant see much with switch on M at f/16. If i set it the switch to A, it doesn't stop down and fires wide open.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:40:08 am by gotspeed »

RobertJ

« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 04:56:41 am »

The old school 120 macro you got is actually a really good lens.  In fact, some people are using it on their Canon DSLRs with an adapter.

gotspeed

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2010, 09:06:39 am »

I always wanted a macro for the canon, so i need yet another adapter!

Quote from: T-1000
The old school 120 macro you got is actually a really good lens.  In fact, some people are using it on their Canon DSLRs with an adapter.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up