Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: nikon dsxs spotted in Japan?  (Read 3181 times)

David Duchesne

nikon dsxs spotted in Japan?
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:56:01 am »

Rob C

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:47:31 am »

Hell, I hope not! They could at least have got one who wore clean clothes.

Rob C

David Duchesne

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:59:47 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Hell, I hope not! They could at least have got one who wore clean clothes.

Rob C

Good one!

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:52:53 am »

Rob, you just don't don't know what is considered cool. That jacket IS clean, it's just been made to look dirty. Remember the stone-washed denim fad? This the 21st century equivalent.
"The real voyage of discove

Rob C

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »

Quote from: ckimmerle
Rob, you just don't don't know what is considered cool. That jacket IS clean, it's just been made to look dirty. Remember the stone-washed denim fad? This the 21st century equivalent.

But let's face it: I always did (still do) wear denim (so French!) but never the stone-washed or pre-faded rubbish; that was just fake and never cool. Of course, there is the school of thought that dictates that only fake is cool - the 3000 peseta market Rolex is better than the real deal... The only last century thing that was de rigueur regarding jeans was that they be Levi - anything else was not cool - at least in Britain. Perhaps the worst abuse is those jeans some women buy that have the bleached buttocks and totally unnatural bleach marks on the front and rear of the thighs. Does nothing for the figure at all. In fact, not a lot of women look good in jeans outwith the entertainment industry; it's all those lousy fast foods. The ones in the entertainment industry generally look okay because they can't afford fast foods - any food, so they starve and look wonderful.

The current desire for exposed strips across the middle of the body is both unnerving and cold-making; I shiver when I see that effect during the winter; much like seeing those early tourists swimming in the Med during April. Nutters to a man - or woman or child, as the case may be.

Chuck, the world just ain't what it used to be.

;-(

Rob C

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »

Quote from: Rob C
Chuck, the world just ain't what it used to be.

Well, I spent my teen years during disco's peak. I'm sorta glad the world ain't what it used to be.

As for the OP, I have a funny story that is somewhat related. Last fall my wife gave me an LLBean waxed cotton jacket (oil cloth) that I had been pining for. A couple of months ago a lady stopped me on the sidewalk and suggested that I had better wash my jacket as it looked greasy and filthy. I tried to tell her that was how oil cloth appears (it sorta does have a greasy look), but she would have none of it. I can only imagine what she thought of me. I am certain, though, that she did not think I was cool.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:59:20 pm by ckimmerle »
"The real voyage of discove

Rob C

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 02:57:20 am »

Well, obviously, Chuck, the lady took the wrong course of action! What she should have done was post an official complaint here, on LuLa.  At least we now have this particular sartorial thread for her to do just that. Perhaps if you meet her again...

;-)

Rob C
Pages: [1]   Go Up