Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS5 Plug-ins fail  (Read 2767 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

CS5 Plug-ins fail
« on: May 16, 2010, 01:05:08 pm »

I upgraded to CS5. Silver Efex Pro will not work. I reinstalled it from the original disk. The preview screen works. I make my selections. I click OK. The original color image returns with NO changes made to it.

Second problem. I re-downloaded DXO Filmpack 2 for use in CS5 as a plug-in. It causes my PC to crash. I get an error message as follows:
[The instruction at "0x6509ae2a" referenced memory at "0x0b988000". The memory could not be "written".]
I emailed tech support but have not heard from them (It's Sunday as I write this).
Anyone else experiencing problems with Plug-ins?

Another querry: When I access Adobe on line help, is there any way I can print out the topics? I have had to resort to copy, and paste in a Word document to print it.

Last question (I promise): I down loaded ACR 6.1. When I open an image in Photoshop ACR 6 comes up, which does not have the lens correction feature. My CS5 DOES have this feature. Do I need to somehow tell CS5 to use ACR 6.1 in lieu of 6.0?

Thanks in advance  
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ

Jack Varney

• http://
CS5 Plug-ins fail
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 08:47:45 pm »

"Another querry: When I access Adobe on line help, is there any way I can print out the topics? I have had to resort to copy, and paste in a Word document to print it."

Maybe I am missing something but to print the online help screens File > Print works for me.
Jack Varney

Dave Gurtcheff

CS5 Plug-ins fail
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:01:14 am »

Quote from: Jack Varney
"Another querry: When I access Adobe on line help, is there any way I can print out the topics? I have had to resort to copy, and paste in a Word document to print it."

Maybe I am missing something but to print the online help screens File > Print works for me.
Thganks Jack; I will look again. Could not find it before. OTH, I'm 73 and sometimes I wonder how I remember what I used to know! (Retired Engineer)
Thanks again
Dave

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
CS5 Plug-ins fail
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »

Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff
I upgraded to CS5. Silver Efex Pro will not work. I reinstalled it from the original disk. The preview screen works. I make my selections. I click OK. The original color image returns with NO changes made to it.

Second problem. I re-downloaded DXO Filmpack 2 for use in CS5 as a plug-in. It causes my PC to crash. I get an error message as follows:
[The instruction at "0x6509ae2a" referenced memory at "0x0b988000". The memory could not be "written".]
I emailed tech support but have not heard from them (It's Sunday as I write this).
Anyone else experiencing problems with Plug-ins?

Another querry: When I access Adobe on line help, is there any way I can print out the topics? I have had to resort to copy, and paste in a Word document to print it.

Last question (I promise): I down loaded ACR 6.1. When I open an image in Photoshop ACR 6 comes up, which does not have the lens correction feature. My CS5 DOES have this feature. Do I need to somehow tell CS5 to use ACR 6.1 in lieu of 6.0?

Thanks in advance  
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ

Dave...I copied my nik software folder from CS3 to CS5 and SEP works fine, but I did switch CS5 via the info panel to 32 bit...it isn't 64 bit compatible yet...

now, I'm on a mac, OS 10.5, so I'm not sure how this may differ for you...

I don't know how software installs on a pc, but on my mac I downloaded and installed the software and 6.1 opens automatically when i open a raw image, there's nothing to choose...

good luck...

M
Pages: [1]   Go Up