Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New i1Profiler software on its way from X-Rite  (Read 8950 times)

keith_cooper

• Northlight Images
New i1Profiler software on its way from X-Rite
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2010, 10:23:20 am »

Quote from: Czornyj
Any news from IPEX yet?
Well, I'm just back - it's a huge show, mostly of the sort of print related stuff I don't have any business interest in, although I did have a very nice cup of coffee at the Heidelberg stand.

There is no new hardware on show

There is a demo that they are showing of some functionality of the new i1Profiler, with sample prints.  Of course these are prints produced for a trade show, so you'd expect to see differences ;-)  The OBA correction demo (based on the method available in Profiler Pro with the iSis) looked very good, and reflects my own experience in trying it with the iSis

Unfortunately I can't now give much more detail other than to say that the profile quality looks to be a definite improvement on previous software, and the workflow options look to be very well thought out for a number of different user groups.

The whole operation looks to be a -very much- grown up (i.e. not dumbed-down) version of what you get with the ColorMunki, so think refining of profiles by additional images and additional targets plus other stuff.

Since the software being shown is still alpha level, I'll respect X-Rite's request not to go into any more detail, since it might change before it gets released (I'd have took some photos otherwise ;-) )

One particularly good bit of news (well, to me anyway) is that the awful Eye One Share software is finally to get a burial at sea. I spent many years doing HCI/usability research before taking up photography, and it represents so many aspects of bad interface design that a friend who still lectures in the subject, includes it as an example of how not to design an interface - or more particularly what happens when graphic designers get together with engineers and forget about usability or HCI...

I also got to see the new HP z5200ps and a close look at a Canon iPF8300...
bye for now -- Keith
[url=http://www.nor

Scott Martin

• Onsight
New i1Profiler software on its way from X-Rite
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2010, 10:55:59 am »

i1Profiler is named as such because 1) it supports the EyeOne devices - devices like the Munki and DTPxx devices aren't supported. And 2) - the "Profiler" part is a tip of the hat to Monaco Profiler. i1Profiler is the new version of Monaco Profiler that many of us have waited so long for. It's got components of ProfilemakerPro (PMP) in it as well but overall it will be much more familiar to Monaco Profiler (MP) users than it will to PMP users. MP had a 2 step profiling process that many of us have found useful in some situations but obviously, as you can see from the Munki, they have taken that concept many steps further. The Monaco guys have been hard at work since their aquisition at XRite years ago and we're finally seeing the fruits of their labor. The Colormunki is a dumbed down version of i1Profiler and they share the new Profiler engine. Better results than we've ever seen before. Lots of exciting stuff to come and details to discuss later. Finally!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 10:57:14 am by Onsight »
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up