Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alternatives to olympus pen e-p1  (Read 3126 times)

spacevoid8

alternatives to olympus pen e-p1
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:14 pm »

i use this one as a second compact camera for landscapes and want to ask you a simple question

is there any comparable to olympus e-p1 in size camera which gives more resolution and better picture quality then e-p1 excluding leica products (insaine price)?

panasonic gf-1 or maybe sigma dp1? your thoughts... do i`ve to worry about, or just stay with e-p1?

pete_truman

• http://www.ifootpath.com
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:59:06 pm »

In a word, no. Don't worry about it and stick with the e-p1.

There are rumours of future Panasonic cameras with a 14million pixel sensor, but only rumours!
Pete Truman

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:05:59 pm »

Quote from: spacevoid8
i use this one as a second compact camera for landscapes and want to ask you a simple question

is there any comparable to olympus e-p1 in size camera which gives more resolution and better picture quality then e-p1 excluding leica products (insaine price)?

panasonic gf-1 or maybe sigma dp1? your thoughts... do i`ve to worry about, or just stay with e-p1?

The just announced Sony NEX3 and NEX5 might offer better quality - larger sensor and I think 14MP.

It's not only the camera, though. It remains to be seen how the Sony lenses compare to Olympus and Panasonic MFT lenses. I have the E-PL1, sold the kit Olympus 14-45mm lens and kept the Panasonic equivalent as the panny had much better IQ. Also, Sony will have fewer primes (I think only one), and no fast primes at launch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up