Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPad encoding  (Read 5558 times)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
iPad encoding
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:57:31 am »

Quote from: Chris Sanderson
If anyone has LLVJ-19 playing well on an Apple iPad, I would also be interested in the details of any trans-code necessary.

So far I have tried two conversions of LL-19 segments. First was just letting iTunes do it, a new menu option in iTunes 9.1 is to create an iPad version.

I also used handbrake with the settings discussed in this thread on their forum.    http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16303

Both look great on the iPad. iTunes makes a new copy of the file so you end up with two showing, but there is no obvious indication of which is which when you sync the iPad. Using handbrake I created a new folder so I had a little more control.  

Not sure yet which is faster or more efficient.

Marke

Re: iPad encoding
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:28:16 pm »

Just an FYI - I downloaded the latest LR3 tutorial and used the iPad app "FileBrowser" to copy the extracted .mov files wirelessly from my network storage to the iPad's local 'filesystem'.  I was able to play them perfectly direct from the FileBrowser app without any conversion.

Cheers,
Mark

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 05:30:16 pm »

Great! That is the way it should work!  :)

francois

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:18:24 am »

FWIW, GoodReader also allows to upload  LuLa Video Journals or Tutorials and play them without having to re-encode them.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up