Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spectraview II: Unable to Communicate  (Read 3796 times)

hubell

Spectraview II: Unable to Communicate
« on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:31 am »

I have upgraded my Spectraview II software to 1.1.04 and I get a message when I start the program that it is unable to communicate with my 2690WUXi. I have a 2009 Mac Pro with a GeForce  GT 120 video card running 10.6.3. The release notes do not indicate that this set up is a problem. Any thoughts on what may be happening?
Thanks, again.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:05 am »

Quote from: hcubell
I have upgraded my Spectraview II software to 1.1.04 and I get a message when I start the program that it is unable to communicate with my 2690WUXi. I have a 2009 Mac Pro with a GeForce  GT 120 video card running 10.6.3. The release notes do not indicate that this set up is a problem. Any thoughts on what may be happening?
Thanks, again.

BINGO!

I had this exact problem some 12 months ago and after a helluva lot of fluffing around trying different things I ended up getting NEC to send out a technician to my studio to update the firmware in my 2690 Wuxi and this resolved the problem immediately.

Do a search on this forum - I wrote a really long detailed post about it.

Edit - here is one post about it
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....raview+firmware

Edit - and here was the conclusion which all works now
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=34515

Edit - First thing you need to do is to check what version Firmware your monitor is running.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:51:57 am by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

hubell

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:43:51 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
BINGO!

I had this exact problem some 12 months ago and after a helluva lot of fluffing around trying different things I ended up getting NEC to send out a technician to my studio to update the firmware in my 2690 Wuxi and this resolved the problem immediately.

Do a search on this forum - I wrote a really long detailed post about it.

Edit - here is one post about it
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....raview+firmware

Edit - and here was the conclusion which all works now
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=34515

Edit - First thing you need to do is to check what version Firmware your monitor is running.

Thanks, Josh. I just checked on the firmware version using the Naviset software and it is 1.0.20. I have a call into NEC tech support. I am waiting to hear back from a technician but the contact person said I may have to send the monitor in for service. Sure!

Update: NEC Tech Support agrees that the issue is the firmware with the early 2690WUXi monitors from 2007, but they will not send a technician out to update it. They will send me a "refurbished" 2690WUXi with the updated firmware , and I then have to repack my monitor and ship it to them. I pay the shipping back to NEC. Bottom line is that NEC renders my monitor useless and then refuses to send a tech out to fix the issue in the field.  NEC would not even agree to let me take the monitor to a local service facility for a firmware update. They said that is only for 32" inch and up LCDs. This is my reward for being an early adopter of the 2690WUXi and paying way more for it than anyone else has: over $2,000. My next monitor will be an EIZO!
I want to thank you again for providing such helpful information. You are in Australia and identified the crux of the problem for me in the US very quickly. The internet is an amazing thing. I really sympathize with what you went through before the issue was identified and resolved.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:03:28 am by hcubell »

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:00:10 am »

Thanks, again.
After upgrading to Windows7 64-bit I had the same problem with my NEC 3090.  The SpectraView II latest upgrade identified the monitor on startup, but then said it could not communicate with it.  After driving myself nuts for a couple of weeks I posted here and got a quick solution.  Try this:

Open the Spectraview software.  At the bottom you will see a dropdown arrow under Display.  Mine said "None!"  I opened the dropdown menu and found my NEC 3090 listed, selected it, & Voila!  No problems since.  I hope your solution is that simple.

WillH

• http://www.necdisplay.com
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 10:48:34 am »

Thanks, again.

Howard

So are you saying that the previous SpectraView version was working OK and the *only* thing that changed was you went from 1.1.03 to 1.1.04 with no changes in OS revision, patches etc?

Have you tried downgrading back to 1.1.03 in this case?
Will Hollingworth
Senior Manager, Product Development
NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.

hubell

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 09:02:56 pm »

Quote from: WillH
Howard

So are you saying that the previous SpectraView version was working OK and the *only* thing that changed was you went from 1.1.03 to 1.1.04 with no changes in OS revision, patches etc?

Have you tried downgrading back to 1.1.03 in this case?

I had actually not updated the Spectraview software for around a year and it was working fine on a 2007 Mac Pro running 10.5 OSX. Recently, I upgraded to a 2009 Mac Pro running 10.6. It seemed a bit buggy at times, but then it went haywire on Monday when I tried to open it(see my other topic earlier in the week), so I sent my existing copy of Spectraview to the trash and downloaded 1.104. Now, there is no communication at all between the software and the monitor. It appears that the firmware in the early 2007 2690WUXi is incompatible with the more recent versions of Spectraview. The NEC Tech Support person I spoke with told me I had to send my monitor back on an exchange. I tried loading 1.1.03 but I got a message saying I could not open it with the installer as it said that I already had a more up to date version(even though I had sent it to the trash).
Pages: [1]   Go Up