Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spectraview II: Corrupted My Monitor  (Read 1591 times)

hubell

Spectraview II: Corrupted My Monitor
« on: May 12, 2010, 08:30:10 am »

I clicked on the Spectraview II icon this morning before I had a calibrator attached to it and it totally freaked out my monitor. There are now random bright blue stripes in various parts of my screen. I tried trashing the Spectraview software, but that is not helping. Perhaps it has something to do with preferences and a conflict in the load up of a monitor profile. Anyone have any ideas? The whole system is, for now, useless. Thanks, NEC!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:30:39 am by hcubell »

Mark Paulson

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 08:49:21 am »

Quote from: hcubell
I clicked on the Spectraview II icon this morning before I had a calibrator attached to it and it totally freaked out my monitor. There are now random bright blue stripes in various parts of my screen. I tried trashing the Spectraview software, but that is not helping. Perhaps it has something to do with preferences and a conflict in the load up of a monitor profile. Anyone have any ideas? The whole system is, for now, useless. Thanks, NEC!
I hate to sound simplistic, but did you do the simple things first, like reboot and unplug the monitor and power back up?

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 08:57:38 am »

Quote from: hcubell

Enter the advanced OSD menu (turn the display off, and turn it on holding the "input" button, go to tag 8 and make use "factory preset" function to clear the LUT of the display.

And - first of all - check the DVI cable connection.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:59:29 am by Czornyj »
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

hubell

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 09:15:28 am »

Quote from: MarkPaulson
I hate to sound simplistic, but did you do the simple things first, like reboot and unplug the monitor and power back up?

Thank you VERY much. Unplugging the monitor worked to clear the problem. You saved me a lot of time as that simple fix would not have occured to me. I will check now to see if my version of Spectraview is compatible with 10.6.
Pages: [1]   Go Up