Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B&H Photovideo "service"  (Read 3058 times)

schaubild

B&H Photovideo "service"
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:50:18 am »

I'm just making a very disturbing experience with what B&H calls service.

An express delivery to Switzerland seems to be stuck somewhere since two weeks. Swiss post has no records that the parcel has been sent and they tell me that the sender has to initiate a trace. So I requested this from B&H. Their answer is that they won't do anything before 45 days have passed. Even on the USPS site it's mentioned that you should take action if this type of delivery is late over two days.

I have been ordering almost exclusively since years from B&H, but this kind of treatment definitively changed my mind. How are your experiences with these guys when something goes wrong?

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:13:10 am »

Quote from: schaubild
I'm just making a very disturbing experience with what B&H calls service.

An express delivery to Switzerland seems to be stuck somewhere since two weeks. Swiss post has no records that the parcel has been sent and they tell me that the sender has to initiate a trace. So I requested this from B&H. Their answer is that they won't do anything before 45 days have passed. Even on the USPS site it's mentioned that you should take action if this type of delivery is late over two days.

I have been ordering almost exclusively since years from B&H, but this kind of treatment definitively changed my mind. How are your experiences with these guys when something goes wrong?

Didn't they send you an email with a tracking number? Swiss post would have no record of anything mailed in the US.

I've never had a problem, they are always my first choice for almost everything.

Did you use a credit card? Threaten to contest the charge, that might get their attention.

schaubild

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:31:29 am »

Quote from: PeterAit
Didn't they send you an email with a tracking number? Swiss post would have no record of anything mailed in the US.

I've never had a problem, they are always my first choice for almost everything.

Did you use a credit card? Threaten to contest the charge, that might get their attention.

Thanks to the tracking information I can see that something is seriously wrong. Express mail is tracked the whole way.

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:48:16 am »

Is it possible it's being held up in a customs office?
"The real voyage of discove

francois

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 12:54:37 pm »

Thanks to the tracking information I can see that something is seriously wrong. Express mail is tracked the whole way.
You should contact the shipping company although I never had much success with them. I can remember seeing one of my order (not from B&H) going through Côte d'Ivoire and other African countries instead of Switzerland. It took two months before reach my address.

I would also inform B&H that my credit card would be blocked/payment refused until delivery.

Francois

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 03:21:51 pm »

Do you mean that when I mail an express package to Switzerland from the US, the Swiss post office knows about it right away?

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 03:48:58 pm »

Quote from: PeterAit
Do you mean that when I mail an express package to Switzerland from the US, the Swiss post office knows about it right away?

Don't know about Switzerland, but USPS packages to Norway can be tracked both from the US and the Norwegian post office. Same when I ship stuff to the US.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

Kevin Gallagher

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 03:07:21 am »

I would also inform B&H that my credit card would be blocked/payment refused until delivery.
[/quote]

That will get their attention EVERY time, they don't like to have hands in THEIR pockets but it's OK for you to be twisting in the breeze.
Kevin In CT
All Animals Are Equal But Some Are More Equal
 George Orwell

Ben Rubinstein

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 05:30:00 am »

USPS Express lost track of of my parcel from the US to UK for two weeks while it was in customs. They then lost track for two weeks while it was being lost by the courier service. They posted up a fake failed delivery to explain the lateness (I was in that entire day and especially during the time they said they tried to deliver). I would not blame B&H for USPS's very basic and often misleading tracking. I have little doubt that the problem is customs not them.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:30:33 am by Ben Rubinstein »

francois

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:38 am »

Quote from: Ronny Nilsen
Don't know about Switzerland, but USPS packages to Norway can be tracked both from the US and the Norwegian post office. Same when I ship stuff to the US.

Ronny
This is the same in Switzerland but sometimes, tracking can be very different from the real routing. I learned that the hard way.
Francois

schaubild

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 10:23:43 am »

If it would be in customs it would be tracked. The parcels are transferred to Swiss Post in New York, every parcel is scanned and registered. I was part of the development team that designed the software for this  

I'm handing the whole issue over to MasterCard.

Ben Rubinstein

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 09:25:40 am »

I hope you will apologise to B&H when you find out that it was indeed in customs and you ignored those telling you that this is how it works with USPS from experience.

HickersonJasonC

B&H Photovideo "service"
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 11:26:05 am »

Quote from: Ben Rubinstein
I hope you will apologise to B&H when you find out that it was indeed in customs and you ignored those telling you that this is how it works with USPS from experience.

Having worked in overseas shipping, I can tell you that it is being held in Customs 99% of the time. This, unfortunately, can take months, which is why B&H correctly will not expand any real time or energy investigating this. I'm sure if you look at the shipping policy at B&H.com you will find they state somewhere that overseas shipping can take anywhere from 2 weeks to several months depending on how quickly customs processes packages in your country. Package tracking will tell you nothing in the void of Customs holds. All you will do by disputing the credit card charge is put pressure on B&H to end shipping internationally, which is a fraction of their business anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up