Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why change the keyboard shortcuts?  (Read 1522 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
why change the keyboard shortcuts?
« on: May 09, 2010, 12:44:36 pm »

I used alt F5 all the time to fill in a layer vector mask with black.

Dosen't work with CS5. Anyone know the new equivalent?
Couldn't find it on the unhelpful help.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 07:09:08 pm »

Just make an action.

Cheers,
Tom Brown

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:18:07 pm »

Quote from: tom  b
Just make an action.
The simpler way is to go into the keyboard shortcut preferences, Cntl [or Cmd] +Alt+shft+K and see what the new shortcut is or even change it back if you prefer.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

leuallen

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:39:28 pm »

There is some sort of problem in CS5 with some of the keyboard shortcuts that involve the f keys (maybe others). I had shift-f5 assigned to create an adjustment layer. Worked all the time in CS4 but in CS5 if you were on any type of adjustment layer (active) it did not work, make a non-adjustment layer active and it worked. This does not effect all f key combinations. If I remember correctly, ctrl-shift-f5 worked properly but not shift-f5. I did not bother checking it out further since I found a work around for my situation. I use a Genovation aux key pad that is customizable  to assign any keystroke combination to a key on the pad. So I assigned 'mash'-z (ctrl-alt-shift-z) to create a new curves layer. It worked. The trick is to find a key combination that is not already taken up, the 'mash' keys seem to be free but are cumbersome unless you have a key pad. Good luck. This has been reported by others.

Larry

PS It would be easier if there were a document which gave the existing keyboard shortcuts like there is available from different sources for CS4. If you run across one post the link here. I Googled and did not find anything.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:42:36 pm by leuallen »
Pages: [1]   Go Up