Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB Empty EPSON 4800 MK cartridge  (Read 1391 times)

JosephMolieri

WTB Empty EPSON 4800 MK cartridge
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:03:06 pm »

I am looking for an epson 4800 MK cartridge chip.  All I need is the chip.  If your savvy enough to just pry it off and throw it in an envelope or something that would be golden!

I have a CFS  cartridge but I need it for the MK black and it is has a different chip so I plan to replace the chip and use it for MK.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 09:05:06 pm by JosephMolieri »

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:09:10 pm »

Quote from: JosephMolieri
I am looking for an epson 4800 MK cartridge chip.  All I need is the chip.  If your savvy enough to just pry it off and throw it in an envelope or something that would be golden!

I have a CFS  cartridge but I need it for the MK black and it is has a different chip so I plan to replace the chip and use it for MK.

Lemme get this straight: You have a CFS cart that's not MK and you want to put an MK chip onto it so you can use it as an MK cart?

You can purchase just the chip (resettable) from inksupply.com  I think they're a few dollars each and, as you say, easy to remove and install.

JosephMolieri

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:29:44 pm »

Quote from: Peter McLennan
Lemme get this straight: You have a CFS cart that's not MK and you want to put an MK chip onto it so you can use it as an MK cart?

You can purchase just the chip (resettable) from inksupply.com  I think they're a few dollars each and, as you say, easy to remove and install.

I didn't know where they sold em  but now I do! I think I'll shoot over there and grab one.  Thanks!

UPDATE:  so they don't have the MK chip being sold individually it's only in the 9 pack set.  I'll contact em to see if they can just sell me the MK chip but if anyone here uses epson carts and chucks em when they are done I"ll pay a few bucks for it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 11:33:39 pm by JosephMolieri »

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 09:40:36 am »

Quote from: JosephMolieri
I didn't know where they sold em  but now I do! I think I'll shoot over there and grab one.  Thanks!

UPDATE:  so they don't have the MK chip being sold individually it's only in the 9 pack set.  I'll contact em to see if they can just sell me the MK chip but if anyone here uses epson carts and chucks em when they are done I"ll pay a few bucks for it.

Hmm.  I wonder why they wouldn't sell a single chip?  In any case, following a chip failure on one of my inksupply CFS carts, I bought a complete set of chips from them.  I think it was about $25.

JosephMolieri

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:07:18 am »

Single chips over there are like $20  I think they do sell individuals they were just listed in a weird place.  I Just went to my old school and they gave me a box of empty cartridges.  People throw these things out I figured paying $20 for a chip was a bit unnecessary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up