Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zeiss 60mm for Rolleiflex 6008  (Read 2968 times)

topgreat

Zeiss 60mm for Rolleiflex 6008
« on: May 08, 2010, 10:42:41 am »

Hi,

I am looking for some information about the quality of this lens. I googled it, but I can't find any information. Does anyone use this lens? How is its quality compared to Schneider 60mm Curtagon?

Thanks,
Yod

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:01:18 am »

Quote from: topgreat
Hi,

I am looking for some information about the quality of this lens. I googled it, but I can't find any information. Does anyone use this lens? How is its quality compared to Schneider 60mm Curtagon?

Hello Yod,

Lens charts can be found on my web site.
Pascal
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

topgreat

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 11:30:02 am »

Thanks, Pascal.

Any real world shots? some samples?

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 03:58:08 pm »

Don't forget about the schneider 60mm curtagon for Rollei.   In general the schneider versions are newer optical designs.  The older zeiss optics for Rollei mount have decent sharpness but the schneider lenses have less distortion and equal or better sharpness plus better OOF rendering (at least in my opinion).  The schneider optics for Rollei are all color matched.   I have the schneider 60mm curtagon and its one of my favorite lenses for the system.

Regards,
Eric

Rolleiflex USA

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:55:01 pm »

I have both of this lenses for Leaf AFI7.
For people images I prefer Zeiss, for anything else Schneider is much sharper lens.
This is a general rule across the whole line of Zeiss and Schneider lenses. I find Schneider lenses superior glass but way to sharp and contrasty for eye pleasing female portrait.
On the other hand Zeiss is more contrasty than Mamiya Rz glass. I found the last one the best suiting for my needs.

http://AndreNapierStudio.com

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 02:23:22 am »

Quote from: AndreNapier
I have both of this lenses for Leaf AFI7.
For people images I prefer Zeiss, for anything else Schneider is much sharper lens.
This is a general rule across the whole line of Zeiss and Schneider lenses. I find Schneider lenses superior glass but way to sharp and contrasty for eye pleasing female portrait.
On the other hand Zeiss is more contrasty than Mamiya Rz glass. I found the last one the best suiting for my needs.

http://AndreNapierStudio.com

Andre,
That's an interesting perspective.  Yesterday I shot some polaroids with my 60mm curtagon - totally different than with digital (sorry I can't post them). But the film takes these lenses differently than digital.   Definitely when you get down to it, probably for portraits and particularly of women, film might still be the way to go.  Totally different look than digital.  I'm sure with some work you can emulate it. Easy to knock down sharpness and contrast but a bit harder to go the other way.
Eric

Rolleiflex USA

topgreat

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:42:51 pm »

Thanks, Eric and Andre, for your comments.

By the way, I think film gives me more pleasure on portraits. That's why I am going to film and try to find some good rollei lenses instead of Canon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up