Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR I  (Read 866 times)

Brent McCombs

• http://www.alterego.zenfolio.com
FS: Nikon 200-400 f/4 VR I
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:58 pm »

Asking price - $5500 (Canadian/US) + shipping

Bought this lens new two months back to shoot the Brier (Canadian Men's Curling Championships) that were held here in Halifax in March. Took delivery about a week before the event, used it at the event (indoors at the arena), and a couple times since.

Until last year, I was a Canon shooter. I have and have used the Canon 300mm f/2.8, 400 f/2.8 and other legendary super teles, and have to say that this 200-400 stands up to them, with all the advantages of a super-useful zoom range. Given that, I'd suggest this is the best lens I've ever used.

Alas, I am mainly a studio shooter (the Brier assignment was a rarity), and I also happen to have recently moved to medium format (Phase One P40+) in the studio. As such, I can't really justify keeping this glass around and not earning money with it.

I paid $7350 after tax ($6500 before) plus shipping.

Lens is like new, and has barely even been out doors.

Local viewing/testing encouraged.
Canadian Buyers perfered for ease of transaction.

Lens will ship as soon as payment clears. Shipping will be with tracking number, signature required. Original Nikon backpack case, hood etc all included. Will be shipped double boxed if it needs to be mailed/couriered.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:46:03 pm by Brent McCombs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up