Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dye Sub Printer Suggestions  (Read 950 times)

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Dye Sub Printer Suggestions
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:23:02 pm »

An increasing part of my photography business is event photography with on location printing services. To this point, I've been relying on a HP laserjet using custom profiles, but would prefer offering a true gloss option.

I'm looking at either the Fuji ASK-4000 or one of the Kodak offerings.  Any suggestions or experiences?

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
Dye Sub Printer Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:36 pm »

Quote from: Joh.Murray
An increasing part of my photography business is event photography with on location printing services. To this point, I've been relying on a HP laserjet using custom profiles, but would prefer offering a true gloss option.

I'm looking at either the Fuji ASK-4000 or one of the Kodak offerings.  Any suggestions or experiences?

Much will depend on the print sizes that you wish to offer.  Roll media is best regardless.  For printing on location at large events, 8x10 is the norm for me.  I use an old workhorse Kodak Professional ML500.  In terms of speed, it still sets the standard for dye sub event printers.  Look at Kodak Professional, Shinko, Sony, Mitsubishi.  Try, www.imagingspectrum.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up