Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Adobe Lens Profile Creator  (Read 5852 times)

thierrylegros396

New Adobe Lens Profile Creator
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:58:15 pm »

Seems that CS5 and LR3 will integrate Lens Correction !

Abobe Lens Profile Creator

And if it works as good as Color Profile creation, it will be great !!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:58:36 pm by thierrylegros396 »

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:32:36 pm »

Quote from: thierrylegros396
Seems that CS5 and LR3 will integrate Lens Correction !

Abobe Lens Profile Creator

And if it works as good as Color Profile creation, it will be great !!

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
It would be great if Michael could create some kind of data bulletin board, to share home user created lens profiles. I read that initally Adobe will supply profiles of the more popular Canon and Nikon lenses, and that Sigma will supply same. I have a 1DSIII and lenses, but I also use more than anything at present, a Sony A900 and many Zeiss/Sony/Minolta lenses. Custom created home grown profiles for, example, the A900 and some legacy Minolta glass would be great. I would be willing to help, and attempt to create profiles when I get CS5 (I pre-ordered it).
Any thoughts along these lines?
Dave

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:46:57 pm »

Hi Dave, Adobe has a server that is hosting lens profiles voluntarily contributed by the user community. If you build a profile using the Lens Profile Creator tool, there is the option in the software to send the profile to the server, thereby sharing it with the community (entirely optional, of course). On the other side, users can use the LC plug-in in CS5 to search online (via this server) for such profiles contributed by other users. The idea is that if you have a lens for which Adobe has not provided a profile, there is an opportunity to check if somebody else has already built a profile for that lens and shared it.
Eric Chan

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:58:35 am »

Quote from: madmanchan
Hi Dave, Adobe has a server that is hosting lens profiles voluntarily contributed by the user community. If you build a profile using the Lens Profile Creator tool, there is the option in the software to send the profile to the server, thereby sharing it with the community (entirely optional, of course). On the other side, users can use the LC plug-in in CS5 to search online (via this server) for such profiles contributed by other users. The idea is that if you have a lens for which Adobe has not provided a profile, there is an opportunity to check if somebody else has already built a profile for that lens and shared it.
Thanks, that is GREAT news! I presently use  DXO, but many of my body/lens combinations are not in it.
Thanks again
Dave

stever

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:38:19 pm »

it would be nice if there were some kind of a seal of approval that the profile was built with a large enough target and really works

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 03:51:36 pm »

stever, I believe the lens profile team is working on (perhaps has already completed?) some type of rating system, so that users can somewhat "peer review" the contributed profiles. Sort of like on a 1-to-5 star rating system. These wouldn't be reviewed or analyzed by Adobe.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up