Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson's printer settings printing with CS5 and OSX Snow Leopard  (Read 8035 times)

cocasana

Hi there. I'm trying to print a photo from CS5 (OSX Snow Leopard, Epson 3800). Print with preview, I input all settings, then print, but Epson's printer setting place does not show up. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Carlo

Scott Martin

• Onsight
Epson's printer settings printing with CS5 and OSX Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:55:42 am »

Sounds like you've got the generic Gutenprint driver, not the "real" Epson driver that contains the Print Options and other specifics. Best bet is to goto the Epson Snow Leopard support page for your printer where it let's you download the 6.60 driver for the 3800.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

cocasana

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:47:04 pm »

Thanks Scott. Actually I've looked the Epson's Snow Leopard support page. There they recommend, as you do, to download the 6.60 driver for the 3800. Well... I must admit I can't find that driver for the 3800.
I also tried this way, recommended from Epson for the 3880,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Epson. It is my pleasure to respond to your inquiry.

Here are the steps to resolve your issue:

1. Go to System Preference > Print & Fax.
2. Highlight the Epson printer and click - to delete.
3. Go to MAC HD > Library > Printers.
4. Drag the whole Epson Folder to the trash.
5. Go to Epson.com and download the Printer Driver v6.60 from your printer's support site.
6. Install the driver.
7. Once installed restart the computer.
8. Once restarted, make sure the printer is on and connected. Go to System Preference > Print & Fax.
9. Make sure the printer is on the list.

Try printing again.
Not being able to find the 6.60 I've tried to do the same with Printer Driver - Tiger v3.57, Leopard v6.11, with no fortune...

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:08:28 pm »

Quote from: cocasana
Not being able to find the 6.60...
Goto the downlaods page for the 3800. You won't see the 6.60 driver there but from there you can click on the Snow Leopard Support page where you can select your printer and *then* download the 6.60 driver.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 03:40:01 pm »

If the printer is networked and not using USB, this also might be from the current bonjour bug. Despite epsons claim that ip is problematic so you should use bonjour, the opposite is actually the case.

If the Epson dialog is missing the Epson settings option try deleting the printer from the print and fax screen, and then add it using the (IP) choice instead.   Note it may take some time for this choice to show up ink the list of printers.  I have resolved this issue multiple times for various users.  

Sometimes bonjour works just fine (despite the techs claim it never works) but when it doesn't this normally will fix it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:42:46 pm by Wayne Fox »

cocasana

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 07:15:54 pm »

Sometimes bonjour works just fine (despite the techs claim it never works) but when it doesn't this normally will fix it.
[/quote]

Scott sorry to contradict you but from epson.com page, Epson's Snow Leopard support page wont lead you to the 6.60 driver but to Tiger v3.57, Leopard v6.11. the driver I'm currently trying to install.
Wayne thank you, actually the printer isn't networked and its using the usb connection. I also note that the Printer Utility is missing from the Utility folder.
Can you please explain me what's the bonjour trick?! Thanks, Carlo

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 11:32:55 pm »

Quote from: cocasana
Hi there. I'm trying to print a photo from CS5 (OSX Snow Leopard, Epson 3800). Print with preview, I input all settings, then print, but Epson's printer setting place does not show up. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Carlo

The CS5 Print dlog is NOT "Print with Preview" anymore...it _IS_ where you make ALL you print settings.

You'll need to learn how to use it: click on "Print Settings" to get to the actual print driver dlog where you set print driver settings...from then on, you don't need to reset the print driver unless you need to change the settings...also note that you can record an action (or script) and capture all the Print dlog settings...it's almost (but not quite) as good as Lightroom...

cocasana

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 01:10:42 am »

Quote from: Schewe
The CS5 Print dlog is NOT "Print with Preview" anymore...it _IS_ where you make ALL you print settings.

You'll need to learn how to use it: click on "Print Settings" to get to the actual print driver dlog where you set print driver settings...from then on, you don't need to reset the print driver unless you need to change the settings...also note that you can record an action (or script) and capture all the Print dlog settings...it's almost (but not quite) as good as Lightroom...

Thank you so much Jeff!!!

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:23:09 pm »

Quote from: Schewe

Had to print a large order of large prints from different files today for a friend, and this new print dialog/print workflow is a terrific improvement.  All the settings remembered, so once I set up for the first print, I just hit print and go for prints of the same size.  No futzing around through 3 dialog boxes for each image, basically just select print and hit return unless I needed to print a different size.  Putting this into actions will be make it even easier.

Very nice.

BobH

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 05:51:34 pm »

Hi Scott,

Just where is the version 6.60 for the 3800?

I looked at Epson America. The posted driver is 6.11(3.57). The Snow Leopard Common Updater is version 7.0 (not a driver, and first appeared on Epson Australia's site a few months ago). Epson Europe shows driver version 6.57, as does Australia.

Did you mean the driver for the 3880 instead?

Bob

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 06:33:26 pm »

Quote from: BobH
Hi Scott,
Just where is the version 6.60 for the 3800?
Did you mean the driver for the 3880 instead?
Yes, the 6.60 driver is for the 3880. Older 3800 drivers can now be updated to 7.0.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

na goodman

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 09:26:29 am »

Quote from: Onsight
Yes, the 6.60 driver is for the 3880. Older 3800 drivers can now be updated to 7.0.
Do you know what changes have been made by the 7.0 driver or is it just that it is a common updater. I noticed that the driver version will remain the same - 6.60.

Ralph Eisenberg

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 10:25:50 am »

For the 3800, I'm using the Epson driver v. 6.57 using Mac OS 10.6.4 and PS CS5. Will I see any benefit running the common updater v. 7? It is not available on the site of Epson France, from which I downloaded the above driver when it was released a year ago.
Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up