Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinarback eSprit 65 LV  (Read 6058 times)

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« on: May 03, 2010, 07:14:34 pm »

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV is now available for Hasselblad V 500 series, Hasselblad H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II .

Price Only EUR 7.770  or around 10K US

http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/digital-ba...ck-esprit-65-lv
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

marc gerritsen

• http://www.marcgerritsen.com
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 07:27:20 pm »

Quote from: rethmeier
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV is now available for Hasselblad V 500 series, Hasselblad H1/H2, Mamiya 645 AFD/AFD II .

Price Only EUR 7.770  or around 10K US

http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/digital-ba...ck-esprit-65-lv

hey willem
did you get a couple?
m

arashm

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:25:50 am »

does anyone even sell this back in North America?
am

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:20 pm »

I was about to post this myself. It's not even on their website's eLetter archive yet. Prior to this, practically speaking the only other announcement Sinar made after the reshuffle was in March for an arTec promotion. I do hope that Sinar is back in the game, so-to-speak, but after Thierry left, there seems to be precious little news coming from them.

Anyway, regarding the announcement of the eSprit 65 LV promo - the interesting thing is the wording:

"In addition to the Sinar Hy6, we are pleased to announce that the Sinarback eSprit 65 is now available for the following medium format cameras:
Hasselblad V
Hasselblad H1 / H2
Mamiya 645 AFD [ I, II, III ]
The Sinarback eSprit 65 LV is the worldwide ONLY digital back, which generates native DNG image files while shooting. Thanks to this unique DNG format the eSprit 65 LV can either be used on Mac or on Windows computers. With programs like Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom or Apple Aperture superb quality can be achieved."

Up to and including June, 30th 2010...

In addition to the Hy6? So it wasn't available for these platforms before? I always thought that the eSprit 65 shares the mount adapters as the eMotion backs, as stated on it's product page. Still, it's good to see them making some noise about their product, as many have been wondering whether it is actually available or not in past forum threads.

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »

I think even though the adapters are shared, the firmware has to support the cameras. I think that is why the Contax is not in that list - the adapter exists (I have one for my eMotion 75LV) but why that camera is not listed is a mystery. It must be a firmware thing.

Ben

shutay

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 08:25:40 am »

Despite the old adage that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I can't help but feel that the Sinar eMotion backs are rather dated now as a product line. All the other digital back makers have produced updates of various kinds and appear active in the PR front. It just seems like Sinar was on to a good thing with the eSprit 65's design - larger LCD, direct capture in DNG, were respectively a good update and a good innovation. I would have expected them to update at least their eMotion 75 to an "eSprit" 75 design too, even if not the eMotion 54. Also, after the P40+, Leaf announced their Aptus II 8, then Hasselblad announced their H4D40. Where's the eSprit 85 or whatever it might be called?

Sure, a company shouldn't needlessly spend money on unnecessary R&D, but how important do you think a product line refresh would be to Sinar now? Wasn't there also the saying, "Innovate or die?" They really do seem to have a fabulous product line, but after being "ejected" from the Jenoptik umbrella, does anybody know how are they doing today? I hope that this eSprit "reminder" update in their eLetter is the first of many more updates in future. They've had about 9 months now to reorg.

Cfranson

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 12:53:45 pm »

Quote from: arashm
does anyone even sell this back in North America?
am
Dealer cost in the US is higher than the worldwide retail price, so don't expect to see much in the way of sales in North America.

paratom

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 08:51:40 am »

Quote from: shutay
Despite the old adage that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", I can't help but feel that the Sinar eMotion backs are rather dated now as a product line. All the other digital back makers have produced updates of various kinds and appear active in the PR front. It just seems like Sinar was on to a good thing with the eSprit 65's design - larger LCD, direct capture in DNG, were respectively a good update and a good innovation. I would have expected them to update at least their eMotion 75 to an "eSprit" 75 design too, even if not the eMotion 54. Also, after the P40+, Leaf announced their Aptus II 8, then Hasselblad announced their H4D40. Where's the eSprit 85 or whatever it might be called?

Sure, a company shouldn't needlessly spend money on unnecessary R&D, but how important do you think a product line refresh would be to Sinar now? Wasn't there also the saying, "Innovate or die?" They really do seem to have a fabulous product line, but after being "ejected" from the Jenoptik umbrella, does anybody know how are they doing today? I hope that this eSprit "reminder" update in their eLetter is the first of many more updates in future. They've had about 9 months now to reorg.

Yes, some update would be nice and necessary soon to stay in market.
However I see it that way: Even today I would buy the 75LV again. Why? I think it is still the only back which offers pretty good ISO800 without microlenses and with a relativly large sensor. Colors are also great for my taste. And the price is right. And I can put it on a rotating adapter.
What they miss IMO are higher MP backs, and they could improve the user interface.

For anybody who dosnt need more than 33MP the Sinar backs are still a good choice IMO.

Lacunapratum

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 07:00:48 pm »

Where can you get it for E7700?

shutay

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 03:57:36 am »

The promo in the latest eLetter from Sinar states (slightly paraphrased) that:
  • Up until and including June 30th, 2010
  • In Hasselblad V mount
  • Hasselblad H1/H2 mount
  • Mamiya AFD(I/II/III) mount
  • Euros 7,770 (CHF 11,800) excluding VAT and duties
  • To contact the Sinar distributor for your region to find out more.

Presumably the distributors will already have been updated with the new price lists and should be aware of the promotion (and presumably also received the eLetter...)

Jason

ondebanks

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:20:07 am »

Quote from: shutay
The promo in the latest eLetter from Sinar states (slightly paraphrased) that:
  • Up until and including June 30th, 2010
  • In Hasselblad V mount
  • Hasselblad H1/H2 mount
  • Mamiya AFD(I/II/III) mount
  • Euros 7,770 (CHF 11,800) excluding VAT and duties
  • To contact the Sinar distributor for your region to find out more.

Presumably the distributors will already have been updated with the new price lists and should be aware of the promotion (and presumably also received the eLetter...)

Jason

Glad you pointed out that the €7770 tag doesn't include VAT & customs duty - it's not quite as good as it first appears. It's a pity the Swiss aren't in the EU!

It doesn't seem to include the camera adapter plate either, although 'bdp' said in another recent thread that some dealers might be throwing that in for free...that would be significant.

Graham Mitchell

Sinarback eSprit 65 LV
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 09:33:54 am »

Quote from: ondebanks
Glad you pointed out that the €7770 tag doesn't include VAT & customs duty - it's not quite as good as it first appears. It's a pity the Swiss aren't in the EU!

Most professional photographers in the EU will be VAT registered anyway so it makes no difference. Perhaps you could also pick it up in person?
Pages: [1]   Go Up