Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Kodak pro back 645M MFDB  (Read 4645 times)

Ed Jack

FS: Kodak pro back 645M MFDB
« on: May 03, 2010, 04:41:42 pm »

A mint condition Kodak proback 645M (Mamiya fit). Will work with the 645AF and the 645AFD I/II/III, or I believe a view camera.
This 16MP back comes with the IR filter and has been on my camera since being bought following a professional clean (I've not had cause to remove it), let's just say it has a clean sensor with no dirt or scratches and no dead pixels either.

It comes in the origional Kodak soft case with:

- The mamiya viewfinder insert with the sensor crop marks etched in.
- Two Batteries and an international universal charger - the origional for the camera.
- A Lexar 2GB CF card to get you going.
- Digital back cover.

The back has only been used in the studio by myself (the IEEE 1394 interface works fine) and the firmware is the last version released. Thge LCD is in good condition (unscratched).

16 Megapixel imager (4080 x 4080 pixels)
✔ Untethered burst rate: 1 image / 1.8
seconds, burst depth: 8 images
image content and type of
COMPACTFLASH Card)
✔ ISO 100 - 400
✔ Removable IR filter
✔ Image Display LCD provides image
thumbnails and status of digital features
✔ Composite video output jack for viewing
images on an external monitor

The DCS 645 supports background image
processing that produces ERI JPEG or TIFF
RGB files which can be opened directly by many
applications and browsers.
ERI JPEG is a output of the KODAK
PROFESSIONAL Extended Range Imaging
Technology (ERI). This proprietary technology
offers an innovative image file format similar to a
JPEG, but with the dynamic range and color
gamut information of raw DCR camera files. An
ERI JPEG file is compatible with virtually all
imaging applications for opening, viewing and
printing.

In Lightroom, these files look fantastic, or you can use the free Kodak software, which is great (but slooow).

I am selling this back to fund an upgrade.
I live in the UK near London/Herts/Bedfordshire (SE).
I prefer pick up in person and can meet a cash buyer anywhere from London to Milton Keynes/Bedford, or across to South Wales or Worcester area.

I can post within the UK as a special delivery as well - I have a suitable strong box for that.

I would consider posting internationally. Paypal would therefore be the required payment method in that instance.
 I can work out the shipping for a suitable buyer and the expense would be their responsibility (as would be taxes or duty (none within the EU)).

I am looking for £1800, or the nearest offer.

I am a long time L-landscape forum member for even longer than this present account shows and would like this fine back to help someone into MFDB on a budget.

best regards

Ed Jack

Ed Jack

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:34:51 pm »

This back will not work on view cameras I am told.

Price dropped to £1700, or £1600 if you can collect in person.

Quote from: Ed Jack
A mint condition Kodak proback 645M (Mamiya fit). Will work with the 645AF and the 645AFD I/II/III, or I believe a view camera.
This 16MP back comes with the IR filter and has been on my camera since being bought following a professional clean (I've not had cause to remove it), let's just say it has a clean sensor with no dirt or scratches and no dead pixels either.

It comes in the origional Kodak soft case with:

- The mamiya viewfinder insert with the sensor crop marks etched in.
- Two Batteries and an international universal charger - the origional for the camera.
- A Lexar 2GB CF card to get you going.
- Digital back cover.

The back has only been used in the studio by myself (the IEEE 1394 interface works fine) and the firmware is the last version released. Thge LCD is in good condition (unscratched).

16 Megapixel imager (4080 x 4080 pixels)
✔ Untethered burst rate: 1 image / 1.8
seconds, burst depth: 8 images
image content and type of
COMPACTFLASH Card)
✔ ISO 100 - 400
✔ Removable IR filter
✔ Image Display LCD provides image
thumbnails and status of digital features
✔ Composite video output jack for viewing
images on an external monitor

The DCS 645 supports background image
processing that produces ERI JPEG or TIFF
RGB files which can be opened directly by many
applications and browsers.
ERI JPEG is a output of the KODAK
PROFESSIONAL Extended Range Imaging
Technology (ERI). This proprietary technology
offers an innovative image file format similar to a
JPEG, but with the dynamic range and color
gamut information of raw DCR camera files. An
ERI JPEG file is compatible with virtually all
imaging applications for opening, viewing and
printing.

In Lightroom, these files look fantastic, or you can use the free Kodak software, which is great (but slooow).

I am selling this back to fund an upgrade.
I live in the UK near London/Herts/Bedfordshire (SE).
I prefer pick up in person and can meet a cash buyer anywhere from London to Milton Keynes/Bedford, or across to South Wales or Worcester area.

I can post within the UK as a special delivery as well - I have a suitable strong box for that.

I would consider posting internationally. Paypal would therefore be the required payment method in that instance.
 I can work out the shipping for a suitable buyer and the expense would be their responsibility (as would be taxes or duty (none within the EU)).

I am looking for £1800, or the nearest offer.

I am a long time L-landscape forum member for even longer than this present account shows and would like this fine back to help someone into MFDB on a budget.

best regards

Ed Jack

Mike Sellers

• Mike Sellers Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:33 pm »

This back will not work on view cameras I am told.

Price dropped to £1700, or £1600 if you can collect in person.
How many actuations??

Ed Jack

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 05:43:39 pm »

Quote from: Mike Sellers
How many actuations??

The back has 8012 actuations, which in nothing really, the back is prestine, very little use!! The good news is that this mean the batteries hold their charge as well as they ever did.

Serial number: DCSPBM-00449

I can prepare exact postage quotes for this camera based upon a postage code/Zip code and unit weight. I am only really prepared to ship recorded/special delivery, as such a fine item deserves respect!

I am prepared to post anywhere in the world and will pay my own pay-pal fees.

At iso 100, this back is the match for any other camera per unit area - the colours are great and light room does well with the file in my experience.

I can e-mail a prospective buyer a picture of the camera in front of today's L-landscape homepage to confirm the item is present and current and that it is a genuine sale.

Many thanks

Dr Jack

Ed Jack

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 04:48:11 pm »

Dear All,
            Last Chance before this goes on e-bay,

£1400 or $2100 (+ postage)
or just £1300 if collected.

many thanks

Dr Jack

The back has 8012 actuations, which in nothing really, the back is prestine, very little use!! The good news is that this mean the batteries hold their charge as well as they ever did.

Serial number: DCSPBM-00449

I can prepare exact postage quotes for this camera based upon a postage code/Zip code and unit weight. I am only really prepared to ship recorded/special delivery, as such a fine item deserves respect!

I am prepared to post anywhere in the world and will pay my own pay-pal fees.

At iso 100, this back is the match for any other camera per unit area - the colours are great and light room does well with the file in my experience.

I can e-mail a prospective buyer a picture of the camera in front of today's L-landscape homepage to confirm the item is present and current and that it is a genuine sale.

Many thanks

Dr Jack

Ed Jack

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:30:49 pm »

The back is now sold

Dear All,
            Last Chance before this goes on e-bay,

£1400 or $2100 (+ postage)
or just £1300 if collected.

many thanks

Dr Jack

Ed Jack

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 04:05:07 pm »

The back is now sold

I have another 645M Kodak proback for Sale. This time its even newer (never been out of the Studio) and comes with 4 batteries and the etched crop view finder and all accessories (charger/soft case).

As this one is much better than the last and has 4 batteries, I would be Looking for £1800 this time, or $2600 or 2100 Euro (not Vat will be added).

The last one went quick, this fine example of the back I have been keeping for myself, but have decided I no longer want to shoot a square all teh time!

cheers

Ed

mattdrazin

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 04:25:47 pm »

I have another 645M Kodak proback for Sale. This time its even newer (never been out of the Studio) and comes with 4 batteries and the etched crop view finder and all accessories (charger/soft case).

As this one is much better than the last and has 4 batteries, I would be Looking for £1800 this time, or $2600 or 2100 Euro (not Vat will be added).

The last one went quick, this fine example of the back I have been keeping for myself, but have decided I no longer want to shoot a square all teh time!

cheers

Ed

can this be adapted to work on a hasselblad v or 200 series camera?

Ed Jack

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 06:35:29 am »

Quote from: mattdrazin
can this be adapted to work on a hasselblad v or 200 series camera?

No its Mamiya AF/ AFD I/II/III/DCF specific. As in it needs no cables and data flows properly between the back and the camera.

Ed Jack

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 11:05:03 am »

No its Mamiya AF/ AFD I/II/III/DCF specific. As in it needs no cables and data flows properly between the back and the camera.

The remaining back Mamiya proback 645M is now for sale at only £1500 (or the equivalent $ or Euro value) including all accessories and postage at cost. I will pay all the pay-pal fees too. It can be collected in the SE of the UK.

The other back purchaser (the other Pro back) is a "well known Belgian" on this site who I am hoping will add a testamonial to this thread to confirm that the item is in an "as new" condition and that I am a good person to trade with!

Ed

ixpressraf

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 11:34:32 am »

Ed is a real good guy. The back was exactly as he described it. If you need a mamiya version, go to him, if you happen to need a Hasselbladback: i am your man.

Ed Jack

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:48 am »

Quote from: ixpressraf
Ed is a real good guy. The back was exactly as he described it. If you need a mamiya version, go to him, if you happen to need a Hasselbladback: i am your man.

Hi, Thanks Raff.

Raff has the H1/H2 version available and I think he might have a V-serries version too. Raff is well established on this site as an upstanding trust-worthy buyer and seller. He is also very knowledgable about these MFDB procducts and will give you unbiased advice etc

My target price is Still £1300, but might listen to offers... PM me! Now the pound is essentially worthless, this might be a more appealing buy to buyers in the EU or other countries.

Ed

Ed Jack

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 11:14:58 am »

Hi, Thanks Raff.

Raff has the H1/H2 version available and I think he might have a V-serries version too. Raff is well established on this site as an upstanding trust-worthy buyer and seller. He is also very knowledgable about these MFDB procducts and will give you unbiased advice etc

My target price is Still £1300, but might listen to offers... PM me! Now the pound is essentially worthless, this might be a more appealing buy to buyers in the EU or other countries.

Ed

By the way £1300 is only 1535 Euro or $1885!!

Anyone purchasing the back had the option opf buying my Mamiya AFD and the 80mm AF "D version" all boxed in origional boxes and in excellant condition at a special price of £520  or 615 Euro or $750, with viewfinder and battery set etc.
Here is a chance to move into MFDB with a complete system for $2.5K...

cheers

Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up