Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SINARBACK 54H FIBER OPTIC VERSION  (Read 2409 times)

AlOBrien

SINARBACK 54H FIBER OPTIC VERSION
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:46:29 am »

Hi guys.

I am new to the forum, and have a Sinarback issue to run by you all.

I am at present using a Sinarback 23 with a Sinarcam 2. A couple of clients I have been shooting for recently have started to grumble about the small file sizes that I am supplying. So I guess the time has come to upgrade.

I want to stay with Sinar and I am considering the 54M. However I have been offered a 54H, but it is a FiberOptic version. I have no problem with it being FiberOptic, as my 23 back is the same. My concern is, as it is not a firewire version, would I have difficulty reselling it when the time comes. And what would be a reasonable price to pay for it now ( GB POUNDS ). I would be very interested in your opinions. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

mattlap2

SINARBACK 54H FIBER OPTIC VERSION
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 12:22:08 pm »

Quote from: AlOBrien
Hi guys.

I am new to the forum, and have a Sinarback issue to run by you all.

I am at present using a Sinarback 23 with a Sinarcam 2. A couple of clients I have been shooting for recently have started to grumble about the small file sizes that I am supplying. So I guess the time has come to upgrade.

I want to stay with Sinar and I am considering the 54M. However I have been offered a 54H, but it is a FiberOptic version. I have no problem with it being FiberOptic, as my 23 back is the same. My concern is, as it is not a firewire version, would I have difficulty reselling it when the time comes. And what would be a reasonable price to pay for it now ( GB POUNDS ). I would be very interested in your opinions. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Resale value would definitely be reduced versus the firewire version.   The resale value of both have fallen as DSLR has entered the 22mp range and MFDB backs have gone up resolution.

Factors to think about .....   On a firewire version you are going to be limited to a G4 computer or the very first G5s that had PCI slots (extremely hard to find).   You are going to be limited to CS4 software as well (CS5 if you can find an early G5).

I can give you approximate resale value in US dollars.  A fiber optic 54H should probably sell for about $3500.   I have seen 54H' Firewire versions sell for about $5000.    And you can pick up 54M's as inexpensive as $2500.

Pankaj Shah

Re: SINARBACK 54H FIBER OPTIC VERSION
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 09:40:23 am »

Hey  Al,

Do you still have the Sinarback 23 ? Is it in good working condition and if yes would you like to sell it ?

Pankaj Shah
Pages: [1]   Go Up