Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which LLVJ  (Read 4172 times)

rpetruzzelli

Which LLVJ
« on: May 02, 2010, 07:33:50 pm »

Hello,

I just got back from AZ where my wife and I photographed Horseshoe Bend and Upper Antelope canyon in Page.  I found the Antelope Canyon segment on my LLVJ #4, but I seem to remember a segment where Michael and Steve photographed Horseshoe Bend.  I wanted to show this to my wife so she'd see why I wanted to go there to photograph in the Page areas.  Does anyone know which one I should look in.  I have all the LLVJs......

Thanks,
Bob

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Which LLVJ
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 07:51:12 pm »

Quote from: rpetruzzelli
Hello,

I just got back from AZ where my wife and I photographed Horseshoe Bend and Upper Antelope canyon in Page.  I found the Antelope Canyon segment on my LLVJ #4, but I seem to remember a segment where Michael and Steve photographed Horseshoe Bend.  I wanted to show this to my wife so she'd see why I wanted to go there to photograph in the Page areas.  Does anyone know which one I should look in.  I have all the LLVJs......

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob, I have all the LLVJ's as well and I dont recall a segment with Steve and Michael at Horseshoe Bend. I think in LLVJ1 there was an interview segment that was shot maybe at Horshoe bend...(from memory it was with Alaine Briot.)

I know Steve has a DVD out that features Horeshoe Bend - but its not a LLVJ.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

rpetruzzelli

Which LLVJ
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 07:53:28 pm »

Quote from: Josh-H
Hi Bob, I have all the LLVJ's as well and I dont recall a segment with Steve and Michael at Horseshoe Bend. I think in LLVJ1 there was an interview segment that was shot maybe at Horshoe bend...(from memory it was with Alaine Briot.)

Hi Josh,

So maybe that's why I couldn't find it........Age and senility....  

Thanks very much for the tip,
Bob

rpetruzzelli

Which LLVJ
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 08:01:20 pm »

Well, I just reviewed the whole Alain Briot segment and it isn't there.  Must just have been my imagination.......

Thanks for the reply,
Bob

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Which LLVJ
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:10:31 pm »

You might try googling "Horseshoe Bend photos". It will give you a few samples that show it pretty well.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

DarkPenguin

Which LLVJ
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 09:19:38 pm »

I think Kossack spends some time there in his Canyonland/Arches DVD.  Otherwise I do not recall a LLVJ episode that spends any time there.

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Which LLVJ
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 09:37:49 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
I think Kossack spends some time there in his Canyonland/Arches DVD.  Otherwise I do not recall a LLVJ episode that spends any time there.

In Hindsight I think there may actually have been a print review with Michael and Steve where they talked about and compared their prints from Horseshoe Bend area - I only recall it because in Steve's print the river was purple and stuck out horribly as being just wrong.

Pretty sure this was issue 5 in the print review segment.

Edit - I checked and it is issue 5 - check out the above print review segment which briefly covers Deadhorse state park and Horseshoe Bend.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:39:47 pm by Josh-H »
Wild Nature Photo Travel

rpetruzzelli

Which LLVJ
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:43:08 pm »

In Hindsight I think there may actually have been a print review with Michael and Steve where they talked about and compared their prints from Horseshoe Bend area - I only recall it because in Steve's print the river was purple and stuck out horribly as being just wrong.

Pretty sure this was issue 5 in the print review segment.

Edit - I checked and it is issue 5 - check out the above print review segment which briefly covers Deadhorse state park and Horseshoe Bend.

Thanks I'll check issue number 5 for that.  I was fairly sure there was something, and I remember that Steve's photo was really saturated...

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up