Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CaptureShop 5.6.5 is available  (Read 4013 times)

PdF

CaptureShop 5.6.5 is available
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:48:40 am »

The new version of Sinar CaptureShop is available.

Note that the new identity of the site is www.sinar.ch

The older name (www.sinarcameras.com is out of service.)

PdF
PdF

PdF

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:53:08 pm »

New Sinar CaptureShop 5.6.5 – Now available for Download
What’s new?
• New GREY SCALE option available in Live Image
• Color Calibration now applicable for all types of Sinarbacks.
• Neutral and Info Picker Size now adjustable.
Solved Issues
• Major bugs causing crashes when working with Live Image or in Contact Sheet
• Correction of the indication of the Swing & Tilt Axis in Live Image
• Minor Issues

System Requirements
• Apple Macintosh™ computers with PowerPC (G4/G5) or Intel processors
• Mac OS X 10.5.8 or higher

Recommended System Configuration
CPU: Dual core system with 2 GHz or faster
RAM: 4 GB or more

Supported Sinarbacks
• Sinarback 22, 23, 44, 54 Fiberoptic
Only on Power Mac G4 with Sinar PCI/PCI RAM Card or Powerbook G3, G4 with Sinar Unplugged Box or G5
first generation equipped with PCI-X cardslots using PCI 133 / 333 card.
• Sinarback 43
• Sinarback 54 H FW
• Sinarback 54 M and MC
• Sinarback eMotion 22 , 54 LV, 75 and 75 LV
• Sinarback eVolution 75 H
PdF

MartinWidmann

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:42:14 am »

Thank you for the quick message here in the Forum, PdF. Anyone's feedback is appreciated.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

BJNY

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:53:25 am »

Welcome Martin,

Great to have representative for Sinar here.
Will you be filling Thierry's very big shoes?
If yes, may I ask some questions.

Billy

Guillermo

MartinWidmann

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:48 am »

Quote from: BJNY
Welcome Martin,

Great to have representative for Sinar here.
Will you be filling Thierry's very big shoes?
If yes, may I ask some questions.

Billy

Hi Billy,

no, I am sorry, I guess Thierry's shoes will be too large for me. I have not that much studio and allround knowledge as Thierry. I am more software focused. But of course, feel free to ask. I am going to answer your questions as good as possible.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Employed by Sinar Photography AG / Switzerland, however the opinions I express are my own.

evgeny

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:58:14 pm »

Quote from: MartinWidmann
Hi Billy,

no, I am sorry, I guess Thierry's shoes will be too large for me. I have not that much studio and allround knowledge as Thierry. I am more software focused. But of course, feel free to ask. I am going to answer your questions as good as possible.

Martin

A good beginning is half the battle.
Please, tell us more.

MartinWidmann

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:12 am »

Quote from: evgeny
A good beginning is half the battle.
Please, tell us more.

Well, I am currently responsible for the software. I am open for any kind of feedback. Some of you may know me already. I am at Sinar for quite some years.

Martin
Martin Widmann

evgeny

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:22:15 am »

Well, I am currently responsible for the software. I am open for any kind of feedback. Some of you may know me already. I am at Sinar for quite some years.

Martin

Martin, nice to meet you.
As some photographers already wrote in this forum, we wish the new eXposure software to support the 54H digital back.

Regards

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 06:54:46 am »

Well I have a long list of suggestions for eXposure, as Martin well knows. I might as well summarise them here to see what others think and to see if they can add any more. I believe Sinar will only add or change things if enough people ask for them.

So, my list is as follows:

- Previews at their smallest (default) size need to be sharper. I'm tired of zooming to 25% to see everything pin sharp.

- Re-arranging the order of the tools in their columns is great, but needs to remember their positions after a quit and restart. Also I regularly have the curves box floating next to my main image made very large for easy tweaking. I would like a way to quickly hide it and the return it to that very spot I had it before with just a keyboard shortcut or mouse click. Currently I can minimise it with the little arrow in the upper left of the curves box, but that still leaves the top bit floating there getting in the way

- A basic colour editor with RGB Hue/Sat sliders would be excellent and very useful.

- Tools could have 'load **' along with 'save **' in the little arrow at the top right of the tool. eg load crop as well as save crop.

- I finally discovered why pictures imported from the internal memory or CF card have a strange WB, even if shot with one of the presets, like SUNNY etc. The reason is that imported shots have the WB that was last set when a manual WB was done in the back. If the back is set to sunny then the WB on import of shots taken with that setting should be 5500K tint 0, not the last manual WB setting. I don't know if this is a software bug with eXposure or a firmware bug in the back.

- A big problem exists when the RAM fills with data from previews (I assume). When it reaches about 2GB exposure will not allow any more captures when shooting tethered. A quit and restart is necessary. This limit is quite easy to reach a few times in a one day shoot - in my experience it doesn't need hundreds of captures in the one folder to hit the limit. Can the memory not be flushed to hard drive to keep it from hitting the ceiling? I suppose writing a 64-bit version that can use more RAM is out of the question....?

- The ability to use PSD's in the overlay tool. I am tired of clear areas of layouts going white when converted to a jpg for the overlay, which then puts a 'fog' over the image, even with a play with the opacity slider. Or maybe a way to knock out white pixels. But the transparent pixels of PSD'd being recognised by eXposure would please me and my clients looking over my shoulder enormously.

- A quick way to mark a large group of thumbnails with a rating eg 5 stars. Currently I can't find a way to do it other than one-by-one.

- Sticky pictures:  Can one image in develop view could be made 'sticky' with a checkmark or keystroke so that image can remain visible up large as subsequently captured images come in from the camera?

- Highlight recovery slider like in Lightroom. Shadow fill too maybe to please others, however I prefer to tweak the curves. Please don't 'dumb down' the curves like some software - this is one of eXposures great strengths for me.

- Managing image parameters - when I tick the 'enable' box in a parameter such as unsharp mask, then go through the list crossing out other parameters with the disable icon, then I come back to the unsharp mask parameter, the 'enable' tick is not there any more. It doesn't matter because once I press 'assign' the unsharp mask values seem to be implemented whether the box is ticked or not, but shouldn't this box stay ticked?

- When using an overlay over a Live Image in landscape orientation the overlay won't move over the entire image. It seems to be prevented from going down to the lower section of the image.

Anyone else like to suggest some things?

Ben

PS Martin, please correct me if I have any of these wrong, or if there are ways to do things I want that I haven't worked out. I'd love to know what you think of these suggestions and if you think it will be possible to implement them.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:13:58 am by bdp »

PdF

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 01:04:23 pm »

Thank you for the quick message here in the Forum, PdF. Anyone's feedback is appreciated.

Martin

I've to get Snow Leopard in my Macs at first.

Maybe next week. I was waiting to a new version of CaptureShop (and Photoshop CS5) to jump.

An eXposure version for Sinarback 43 and 54H (16 shots mode) should be very nice too...

PdF
PdF

MartinWidmann

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 02:04:39 am »

bdp: Thank you for your ideas and suggestions, Ben. We will see, what can be incorporated in one of the next releases.

PdF: I am looking forward to reading your feedback.

Martin
Martin Widmann

bdp

• http://www.bendearnleyphotography.com
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 02:16:08 am »

Hi Martin,

One more thing would be great with the overlay tool - a way to move it around when shooting without having to go into overlay mode and locate that tiny red dot. Maybe holding down a key on the keyboard could make it moveable with the mouse?

Forgot to mention I do like working with eXposure! Don't want to sound mainly negative....

Ben

museumbrich4d

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 03:01:06 pm »

Finally! Color Calibration now applicable for all types of Sinarbacks.
Went to calibrate the eVolution 75H and the two choices for Full Color Calibration are:
Macbeth ColorChecker DC and Macbeth ColorChecker

I knew we didn't own the DC version so went to the web to buy one but can't find one available. It was a few google searches until the DC choice even came up. I had to view by images to know which one I was looking for.

Any suggestions where to get one?

Thanks,
D

sonarthug

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 03:58:09 pm »

I have been wondering for a long time why the Calibrate Colors has been grayed out. Now that it is available, I can't find a ColorChecker DC to buy.

But enough about that.

Working with some students with the regular ColorChecker card, I was asked if the curves should be adjusted to get brighter whites and darker blacks. I am having a brain freeze going back and forth that it should be a linear curve or that I should adjust the curve to get the white near 238 and black near 38 for ProPhoto.

We are shooting end of the semester portfolios now so we have the camera in a copystand setup facing directly down and want to keep the aperture consistant. I can control the lights but I get either a bit underexposed or overexposed powering up or down the strobes.

Using:
eVolution 75H
Sinar P3 View Camera
CMV Shutter Lenses

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 04:39:27 pm »

is the dc a 140 patch checker?

MartinWidmann

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 05:36:10 am »

Quote from: klane
is the dc a 140 patch checker?
I guess you mean the 240 patch ColorChecker. Yes, that is the DC. The original ColorChecker is the one with 24 patches, the ColorChecker DC has 240 patches.

Martin
Martin Widmann

MartinWidmann

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 05:42:10 am »

Quote from: sonarthug
I have been wondering for a long time why the Calibrate Colors has been grayed out. Now that it is available, I can't find a ColorChecker DC to buy.

But enough about that.

Working with some students with the regular ColorChecker card, I was asked if the curves should be adjusted to get brighter whites and darker blacks. I am having a brain freeze going back and forth that it should be a linear curve or that I should adjust the curve to get the white near 238 and black near 38 for ProPhoto.

We are shooting end of the semester portfolios now so we have the camera in a copystand setup facing directly down and want to keep the aperture consistant. I can control the lights but I get either a bit underexposed or overexposed powering up or down the strobes.

Using:
eVolution 75H
Sinar P3 View Camera
CMV Shutter Lenses
For the calibration itself, the curve does not matter. The curve is not considered during calibration. Afterwards it is a matter of taste, if you want the colors more scientific with linear curve or rather pleasing with an S-curve. The curve is working in the working space RGB.

Martin
Martin Widmann
Pages: [1]   Go Up