Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: forum membership "beginners"  (Read 2224 times)

Jonny Gawler

• http://www.jonnygawler.com
forum membership "beginners"
« on: April 28, 2010, 12:56:13 pm »

(been trying to figure this out for the last hour or so, i could just be being dim...)

not that i'm bothered with my "beginners" label, just wondering what momentous event or achievement will mark my graduation to "regulars"?

mbridgers

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:07:16 pm »

Quote from: Jonny Gawler
(been trying to figure this out for the last hour or so, i could just be being dim...)

not that i'm bothered with my "beginners" label, just wondering what momentous event or achievement will mark my graduation to "regulars"?
If you can make Schewe admit that Gimp on Windows is a better platform than Photoshop on Mac, you'll be posthumously promoted to "SuperAdmin".

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 02:36:07 pm »

Not so fast, Mr. Ambition! Before becoming a "regular", there is a rite of passage by being just a lowly "member".  The good news is it apparently takes only five posts to become a "member", quite within your reach, e.g., one "thank you" post (you are welcome), and then just one more earth-shattering question, and you will be there.  

fredjeang

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

Quote from: mbridgers
If you can make Schewe admit that Gimp on Windows is a better platform than Photoshop on Mac, you'll be posthumously promoted to "SuperAdmin".
Gimp on linux under windows vista, and Sigma cameras and you are ready for the best workflow on earth.

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:43:17 pm »

Hi, Neighbour... you are only about an hour's drive away!

If you search the member's list and go to page 1300, you will see that many "members" have only made one post.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 05:22:56 pm »

There's a hazing ritual where you have to crawl through an endless pile of garbage and kiss the belly of King Neptune...oh, wait!  That's crossing the equator.  Never mind.  

Jonny Gawler

• http://www.jonnygawler.com
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 08:43:35 am »

Quote from: Slobodan Blagojevic
Not so fast, Mr. Ambition! Before becoming a "regular", there is a rite of passage by being just a lowly "member".  The good news is it apparently takes only five posts to become a "member", quite within your reach, e.g., one "thank you" post (you are welcome), and then just one more earth-shattering question, and you will be there.  
grand, thanks. i'll keep making beginner-style posts until it goes away. might just be quicker to do that kissing neptune thing at this rate.

meanwhile, i'll just point out that some people's posts - if read in a michael westen off of Burn Notice type way - become super awesome. could be on my own there though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up