Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemühle Protective Spray  (Read 3283 times)

jwwbrennan

• featherstudio.com
Hahnemühle Protective Spray
« on: April 27, 2010, 06:55:48 am »

The Hahnemühle paper surfaces seem to scratch readily. I didn't noticed it until the humidity went through the roof (not literally). Does anyone have experience with Hahnemühle Protective Spray?

Does it work well? Are there other products that are better?
Jim Brennan

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:54:26 am »

I've used Premier Art Print Shield spray. Works great.
michael sebast

Ken

• http://kenschuster.com
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:31:43 am »

Quote from: jwwbrennan
The Hahnemühle paper surfaces seem to scratch readily. I didn't noticed it until the humidity went through the roof (not literally). Does anyone have experience with Hahnemühle Protective Spray?

Does it work well? Are there other products that are better?

I haven't experienced scratches with Hahnemühle Photo Rag 308, but as with all matte surfaces, it shows finger prints and other surface irregularities from coming in contact with most anything. Wearing cotton gloves when working with it is worth the hassle. I've been using Hahnemühle Protective Spray on all kinds of substrates for a couple of years, and once you get the hang of how quickly to move across the print and the distance from it, it works great. I've used the Premier Print Shield too, and have not seen a difference between the two products. Getting used to moving across the print more quickly than what seems "right" is the hardest, and most important, thing about it. Too slow or hesitating will cause an overload of spray... especially after the first layer.

jwwbrennan

• featherstudio.com
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:36:38 am »

I have just been experimenting so have not handled the paper with proper care. They were printed days ago but today with added humidity they seemed less tolerant. That could be the result of an observation based on the series of one...or two. The surfaces that scratched were Sugar Cane and William Turner. I'll try the spray and stick with the gloves in the future. Thanks.
Jim Brennan
Pages: [1]   Go Up