Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limited print series and promo pieces  (Read 1134 times)

GunCon

Limited print series and promo pieces
« on: April 26, 2010, 03:02:56 pm »

I'm in the process of creating some promo pieces (5x5 square prints) to send to galleries and came across this dilemma. Most of my prints are in editions of 30. There are several images that I would like to use in these promo pieces, but was wondering what the protocol on doing so is? Do these smaller prints count towards the numbered editions or does that only apply to likely sized prints (my numbered editions are 17x17")? Am I violating some unwritten rule by printing these promo pieces?

Robert Harshman

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:22:59 pm »

Quote from: GunCon
I'm in the process of creating some promo pieces (5x5 square prints) to send to galleries and came across this dilemma. Most of my prints are in editions of 30. There are several images that I would like to use in these promo pieces, but was wondering what the protocol on doing so is? Do these smaller prints count towards the numbered editions or does that only apply to likely sized prints (my numbered editions are 17x17")? Am I violating some unwritten rule by printing these promo pieces?

NO, editions are size specific within reason, if you need more info use it as  an excuse to call some of theGalleries your sending the piece to. Good Luck.

Robert

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 03:39:40 am »

You might want to read and consider  The Numbering Affair by Alain Briot.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up